Harry Potter actress Afshan Azad, who played Padma Patil in the franchise, was allegedly the subject of a murder plot that took place in her own home, People reports. Azad’s father, Abdul, and brother, Ashraf, were charged with threatening to murder the actress after they allegedly attacked her May 21 in Manchester, England, because they disapproved of her relationship with a Hindu man. Azad’s brother has also been charged with assault. Both Abdul and Ashraf have been released on bail, and will return to court July 12.
Posted July 2 2010 — 1:50 PM EDT
- Drew Barrymore narrating Ellen DeGeneres' NBC series 'First Dates'
- Patti Smith's 1976 interview gets animated in new Blank on Blank
- 'Fear the Walking Dead': Mercedes Mason on possible Ofelia romance
- Tracy Morgan remembers Prince in hilarious as-told-to
- I'm watching 'Dance Moms' with my 8-year-old twin daughters: Episode 17
- Neil Young details new live album 'Earth'
- See the Obamas' first date in the first 'Southside With You' trailer