Harry Potter actress Afshan Azad, who played Padma Patil in the franchise, was allegedly the subject of a murder plot that took place in her own home, People reports. Azad’s father, Abdul, and brother, Ashraf, were charged with threatening to murder the actress after they allegedly attacked her May 21 in Manchester, England, because they disapproved of her relationship with a Hindu man. Azad’s brother has also been charged with assault. Both Abdul and Ashraf have been released on bail, and will return to court July 12.
Posted July 2 2010 — 1:50 PM EDT
- 'Agent Carter' takes on Tinseltown in season 2 teaser
- Idris Elba 'nearly died' filming 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Zach Galligan wants to return for 'Gremlins 3'
- Hear Erykah Badu and Andre 3000 team up for 'Hello'
- 'Gods of Egypt' director: 'Our casting choices should have been more diverse'
- Patti LaBelle spends Thanksgiving with pie fan James Wright
- Hear Sia's new single 'One Million Bullets'