Harry Potter actress Afshan Azad, who played Padma Patil in the franchise, was allegedly the subject of a murder plot that took place in her own home, People reports. Azad’s father, Abdul, and brother, Ashraf, were charged with threatening to murder the actress after they allegedly attacked her May 21 in Manchester, England, because they disapproved of her relationship with a Hindu man. Azad’s brother has also been charged with assault. Both Abdul and Ashraf have been released on bail, and will return to court July 12.
Posted January 18 2015 — 5:51 AM EST
- Katie Couric pulls off 'an amazing prank' on James Corden for April Fools' Day: Watch
- From People: Courteney Cox steals Erin Foster's socks in 'Barely Famous' clip
- 'Grey's Anatomy' finale: A kidnapping! A massive earthquake! A crossover!
- 'New Girl' casts Anna George as Cece's mother for season 5
- Grimes to open for Lana Del Rey on Endless Summer Tour
- Rihanna pranks Jimmy Kimmel in his own bed for April Fools' Day: Sneak preview
- 'American Idol' adds a Twitter Fan Save