Google has invested over $100 million in the social gaming site Zynga, anonymous sources told TechCrunch and Variety. Zynga, which created FarmVille, FrontierVille, MafiaWars, and other popular Facebook and social networking games, could become a cornerstone of Google Games, a yet-unofficial project. Neither company would comment on the possible investment.
Posted July 13 2010 — 1:00 PM EDT
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'SNL' react: Your quick take on Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- Craig Ferguson set for ABC comedy pilot
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 'The Red Road's Jason Momoa on season 2 and when we can expect Aquaman in action
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!