Google has invested over $100 million in the social gaming site Zynga, anonymous sources told TechCrunch and Variety. Zynga, which created FarmVille, FrontierVille, MafiaWars, and other popular Facebook and social networking games, could become a cornerstone of Google Games, a yet-unofficial project. Neither company would comment on the possible investment.
Posted July 13 2010 — 1:00 PM EDT
- Hear Pharrell's remix of A Tribe Called Quest's 'Bonita Applebum'
- Marlon James' 'A Brief History of Seven Killings' wins the 2015 Man Booker Prize
- 'Fresh Off the Boat' exclusive clip: Jeremy Lin + 'Pretty in Pink' = ?
- Selena Gomez picks her favorite Taylor Swift songs
- 'WarGames' rebooting as interactive video short
- Jennifer Grey on 'Dirty Dancing' lift: 'Never ask me to do it again'
- Harry Connick Jr. is getting his own talk show
- 12 Instagram Photos of Pitbull Hanging Out with Celebrities
- 25 Unforgettable Dresses From the Past 25 Years
- Box Office Flops: 19 Notorious Opening Weekends
- EW's 25 Best Movies in 25 Years
- EW Reunions: Bonus portraits of your favorite TV and movie casts
- 'The Walking Dead': 15 Exclusive Storyboard Illustrations From Season 6