here.) Granted, the crude-looking footage, showing a couple of actors fighting at the edge of the sea with a laughably goofy-looking cyclops, is no Seventh Voyage of Sinbad, and is certainly a hell of a long way from the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Still, when I was 15, I would never have had the patience, discipline, or drive to attempt anything as exacting and painstaking as stop-motion animation. Even today, I can hardly videotape one of my daughters’ school holiday performances without making a blurry, shaky mess of it. Anyway, watch the charming clip of Jackson screening his footage and reflect in the comments below on your own misspent youth.Attending a BAFTA tribute to special-effects pioneer Ray Harryhausen recently, director Peter Jackson treated the audience to a few minutes of footage from a Harryhausen-esque epic he’d shot himself as a 15-year-old kid dreaming of cinematic glory in New Zealand. (See the footage
Posted July 16 2010 — 8:00 AM EDT
- Chris Rock announces first stand-up tour in 9 years
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' trailer: Humans and Transformers face off
- George R.R. Martin on 'Winds of Winter': 'Things are getting worse'
- 'Green Hornet' star Van Williams dies at 82
- 'Baywatch' is hitting the beach on Memorial Day weekend
- Beyoncé was already a star at age 10, unearthed footage proves
- See Madonna twerk to 'Bitch I'm Madonna' on Carpool Karaoke
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday