The Institute, a media company founded by Michael Bay and Scott Gardenhour that integrates brand marketing into its storytelling, will produce Hansel and Gretel in 3D with Kalliope Films. The live-action adaptation of the Grimm Brothers’ fairytale is expected to shoot on location in Germany in spring 2011. In addition to the infamous witch in the gingerbread house, the film will feature legendary creatures of German mythology designed by Joseph C. Pepe, the lead character designer from Avatar.
Posted July 20 2010 — 11:06 AM EDT
- Donald Trump is 'supposed to be on a comedy show,' says 'SNL' star
- 'Broad City' stars address Stephen Colbert as colonial women
- New 'American Horror Story' season 6 teasers will make your skin crawl
- DNC: Chelsea Clinton references 'A Wrinkle in Time,' 'Police Academy'
- Hillary Clinton quotes 'Hamilton,' slams Trump in rousing DNC speech
- Twitter reacts to Morgan Freeman-narrated Hillary Clinton doc
- 'The Voice': Bette Midler serving as mentor for Team Blake