The Institute, a media company founded by Michael Bay and Scott Gardenhour that integrates brand marketing into its storytelling, will produce Hansel and Gretel in 3D with Kalliope Films. The live-action adaptation of the Grimm Brothers’ fairytale is expected to shoot on location in Germany in spring 2011. In addition to the infamous witch in the gingerbread house, the film will feature legendary creatures of German mythology designed by Joseph C. Pepe, the lead character designer from Avatar.
Posted July 20 2010 — 11:06 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters