The Institute, a media company founded by Michael Bay and Scott Gardenhour that integrates brand marketing into its storytelling, will produce Hansel and Gretel in 3D with Kalliope Films. The live-action adaptation of the Grimm Brothers’ fairytale is expected to shoot on location in Germany in spring 2011. In addition to the infamous witch in the gingerbread house, the film will feature legendary creatures of German mythology designed by Joseph C. Pepe, the lead character designer from Avatar.
Posted July 20 2010 — 11:06 AM EDT
- 'Power/Rangers' short film creator releases bootleg James Bond film
- Katy Perry selling Left Shark onesies
- George Takei: Nimoy 'the most human person I've ever met'
- Zachary Quinto on Leonard Nimoy: 'a father figure to me'
- Kevin Hart, Will Ferrell in 'Get Hard': Red-band trailer really, REALLY NSFW
- Natalie Dormer stars in Hozier's 'Someone New' video
- Vincent D'Onofrio as 'Daredevil' nemesis Wilson Fisk: First Look