The Institute, a media company founded by Michael Bay and Scott Gardenhour that integrates brand marketing into its storytelling, will produce Hansel and Gretel in 3D with Kalliope Films. The live-action adaptation of the Grimm Brothers’ fairytale is expected to shoot on location in Germany in spring 2011. In addition to the infamous witch in the gingerbread house, the film will feature legendary creatures of German mythology designed by Joseph C. Pepe, the lead character designer from Avatar.
Posted July 20 2010 — 11:06 AM EDT
- 'Faking It' boss previews season 2B: New faces, dynamics, and that upcoming Karmy kiss
- Andy Grammer joins 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Liam Hemsworth to guest star on ABC's 'The Muppets'
- The Pretenders' Chrissie Hynde criticized for victim-blaming comments
- Wes Craven's in-development TV projects will continue 'in his honor and spirit'
- What's new on Netflix for September
- Obama to trek into wilderness with Bear Grylls
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!