The Institute, a media company founded by Michael Bay and Scott Gardenhour that integrates brand marketing into its storytelling, will produce Hansel and Gretel in 3D with Kalliope Films. The live-action adaptation of the Grimm Brothers’ fairytale is expected to shoot on location in Germany in spring 2011. In addition to the infamous witch in the gingerbread house, the film will feature legendary creatures of German mythology designed by Joseph C. Pepe, the lead character designer from Avatar.
Posted July 20 2010 — 11:06 AM EDT
- Penn & Teller reveal the craziest tricks from their upcoming Broadway show
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Michael Douglas' mother dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Suicide Squad' on-set photo: Harley Quinn birthday cake for Margot Robbie
- Caitlyn Jenner 'proud to be an American'
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!