It’s possible that grade schoolers will get a kick out of the endless mugging and sub-High School Musical numbers in Standing Ovation, a no-budget tuner about a tween pop group and their rich-girl rivals. It’s also possible, and more than a little frightening, that those same kids will want to emulate the me-me-me attitudes and spangly get-ups of the mini-divas on screen. But for us grinchy adults out there without children to sedate, the whole thing feels slightly less like a movie than like the filmed record of a mutiny at a juvie talent agency. D?
SPARKLE MOTION A dance crew in Standing Ovation
Posted January 17 2015 — 2:22 PM EST
- Daytime Emmys 2015 winners are...
- 'Game of Thrones': Kit Harington on Jon's brutal decision
- 'Game of Thrones' team explains their choices on Sansa's story
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': $200+M so far
- Jay Z on Tidal: 'not perfect,' 'determined'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' fans launch petition to bring McDreamy back
- Patrick Dempsey's EW Q&A on 'Grey's' exit: 'Shonda cares deeply about fans and how they will react'