It’s possible that grade schoolers will get a kick out of the endless mugging and sub-High School Musical numbers in Standing Ovation, a no-budget tuner about a tween pop group and their rich-girl rivals. It’s also possible, and more than a little frightening, that those same kids will want to emulate the me-me-me attitudes and spangly get-ups of the mini-divas on screen. But for us grinchy adults out there without children to sedate, the whole thing feels slightly less like a movie than like the filmed record of a mutiny at a juvie talent agency. D?
SPARKLE MOTION A dance crew in Standing Ovation
Posted July 20 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Walking Dead' star Lauren Cohan says season 6 is 'suffocating'
- How realistic was that 'Breaking Bad' machine gun scene?
- Fifth Harmony rock out in a haunted hotel in 'I'm in Love With a Monster' video
- 'Bones' taps Betty White as new squintern
- Angelina Jolie Pitt's 'By the Sea' will open AFI Fest
- George R. R. Martin says Stannis is still alive — in the books
- Michelle Pfeiffer to play Bernie Madoff's wife in HBO's 'Wizard of Lies'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Alison & Will, Julianne Hough, Rafael Nadal & More!