It’s possible that grade schoolers will get a kick out of the endless mugging and sub-High School Musical numbers in Standing Ovation, a no-budget tuner about a tween pop group and their rich-girl rivals. It’s also possible, and more than a little frightening, that those same kids will want to emulate the me-me-me attitudes and spangly get-ups of the mini-divas on screen. But for us grinchy adults out there without children to sedate, the whole thing feels slightly less like a movie than like the filmed record of a mutiny at a juvie talent agency. D?
SPARKLE MOTION A dance crew in Standing Ovation
Posted July 20 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- Bryce & Chris, Karlie Kloss, Tony & Gaga and More!