The author of 2007’s acclaimed Love Is a Mix Tape reaches back to the ’80s in his second collection of music-themed memories, Talking to Girls About Duran Duran. Growing up in Boston, Rob Sheffield was bewildered by his interactions with girls, despite his three sisters’ efforts to make him cool. He took solace in pop culture, ravenously consuming tunes that would become classics — ?as well as others soon to be forgotten by everyone but him. (This is surely the only book you’ll ever read with a chapter dedicated to the new-wave duo Haysi Fantayzee.) A funny, insightful look at the sublime torture of adolescence in any decade. A?
Talking to Girls About Duran DuranThe author of 2007's acclaimed Love Is a Mix Tape reaches back to the '80s in his second collection of music-themed memories, Talking to...Talking to Girls About Duran DuranMemoir, NonfictionRob SheffieldThe author of 2007's acclaimed Love Is a Mix Tape reaches back to the '80s in his second collection of music-themed memories, Talking to...2010-07-20Dutton Adult
Talking to Girls About Duran Duran by Rob Sheffield
Genre: Memoir, Nonfiction; Author: Rob Sheffield; Publisher: Dutton Adult
Posted July 20 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- First Look: See Rob Riggle as 'Gator Dan' on 'Fresh Off the Boat'
- Netflix renews 'Narcos' for season 2
- Eddie Redmayne: 'The Danish Girl' was 'an extraordinary experience'
- Meet the new Transporter: Ed Skrein has refueled the action franchise
- 6 times Cate Blanchett transformed to play real people on the big screen
- Black Sabbath announce farewell tour
- 'Spectre' poster: James Bond is dressed to kill
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!