The author of 2007’s acclaimed Love Is a Mix Tape reaches back to the ’80s in his second collection of music-themed memories, Talking to Girls About Duran Duran. Growing up in Boston, Rob Sheffield was bewildered by his interactions with girls, despite his three sisters’ efforts to make him cool. He took solace in pop culture, ravenously consuming tunes that would become classics — ?as well as others soon to be forgotten by everyone but him. (This is surely the only book you’ll ever read with a chapter dedicated to the new-wave duo Haysi Fantayzee.) A funny, insightful look at the sublime torture of adolescence in any decade. A?
Talking to Girls About Duran DuranThe author of 2007's acclaimed Love Is a Mix Tape reaches back to the '80s in his second collection of music-themed memories, Talking to...Talking to Girls About Duran DuranMemoir, NonfictionRob SheffieldThe author of 2007's acclaimed Love Is a Mix Tape reaches back to the '80s in his second collection of music-themed memories, Talking to...2010-07-20Dutton Adult
Talking to Girls About Duran Duran by Rob Sheffield
Genre: Memoir, Nonfiction; Author: Rob Sheffield; Publisher: Dutton Adult
Posted July 20 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Andre 3000 joins ABC's 'American Crime'
- 'Descendants' react: Did the tale about junior Disney villains cast a spell?
- Casting Net: Gary Oldman joins space love story
- Josh Gad wraps 'Beauty and the Beast' filming, shares pic
- Remembering Roddy Piper's rowdy film career
- Why 'The Tribe' is the perfect videogame movie
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' producers offer hints about the show's timeline
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!