The author of 2007’s acclaimed Love Is a Mix Tape reaches back to the ’80s in his second collection of music-themed memories, Talking to Girls About Duran Duran. Growing up in Boston, Rob Sheffield was bewildered by his interactions with girls, despite his three sisters’ efforts to make him cool. He took solace in pop culture, ravenously consuming tunes that would become classics — ?as well as others soon to be forgotten by everyone but him. (This is surely the only book you’ll ever read with a chapter dedicated to the new-wave duo Haysi Fantayzee.) A funny, insightful look at the sublime torture of adolescence in any decade. A?
Talking to Girls About Duran DuranThe author of 2007's acclaimed Love Is a Mix Tape reaches back to the '80s in his second collection of music-themed memories, Talking to...Talking to Girls About Duran DuranMemoir, NonfictionRob SheffieldThe author of 2007's acclaimed Love Is a Mix Tape reaches back to the '80s in his second collection of music-themed memories, Talking to...2010-07-20Dutton Adult
Talking to Girls About Duran Duran by Rob Sheffield
Genre: Memoir, Nonfiction; Author: Rob Sheffield; Publisher: Dutton Adult
Posted January 17 2015 — 2:22 PM EST
- '12 Monkeys' exec producer: THAT Ramse arc 'planned from the first minute'
- Prince sued in recording battle over 'Voice' singer Judith Hill
- James Bond enters a 'hurricane' in first 'Spectre' teaser
- 'Legend of Zelda' for Wii U delayed
- Kit Harington fights terrorism in 'Spooks: The Greater Good' trailer
- Billie Joe Armstrong musical 'These Paper Bullets!' coming to LA, NYC
- 'It Follows': The story behind the score
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- Katy Perry, Kenny & Taylor, Josh Peck and More!