The race for American Idol’s 10th season prize is heating up – and not just because the show’s second set of cattle-call auditions kick off today in Milwaukee, Wis. Indeed, the search to find a replacement for exiting judge Simon Cowell is underway, too, with The Hollywood Reporter breaking the news that singer-actor Chris Isaak has met twice with Fox executives about the position. THR’s story also mentions Fox is still considering Harry Connick Jr., who has been buzzed about as a potential judge since he memorably mentored season 9 contestants on Frank Sinatra night; has nixed the idea of Bret Michaels, who has publicly lobbied for the job since dueting with contestant Casey James on the season 9 finale; and has been approached quietly by none other than Donald Trump about the judges’ table vacancy. Spokespersons for Fox and Fremantle Media declined to comment on this story; reps for Isaak and American Idol did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
Posted July 21 2010 — 8:54 AM EDT
- Ezra Koenig gives John Lennon's 'Imagine' a 'Seinfeld'-themed makeover
- Morrissey cancels remaining tour dates
- 'Glee' cast reunites for Becca Tobin's wedding in sweet photos
- Emma Stone leads a very bad theatre showcase in 'SNL' sketch
- 'SNL' and Emma Stone give Christmas candles a holiday theme song
- 'Saturday Night Live' searches for Hillary Clinton in the woods
- Jennifer Aniston confronts Vanessa Bayer over Rachel impression
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big