People scoffed when Tom Jones showed up in Martin Scorsese’s PBS documentary series The Blues alongside the likes of Eric ?Clapton. But Mr. ”What’s New, Pussycat?” has an unmistakable flair for black vernacular music. On Praise & Blame, the singer revels in gutbucket and gospel, delivering 12 emotionally charged sermon-songs with raw-throated abandon. Who knows? He might yet get some respect from blooze purists. B+
Praise & BlamePeople scoffed when Tom Jones showed up in Martin Scorsese's PBS documentary series The Blues alongside the likes of Eric ?Clapton. But Mr. '...Praise & BlameBlues, R&BPeople scoffed when Tom Jones showed up in Martin Scorsese's PBS documentary series The Blues alongside the likes of Eric ?Clapton. But Mr. '...2010-07-21
IT'S NOT UNUSUAL Tom Jones
Genre: Blues, R&B; Lead Performer: Tom Jones (Musician)
Posted July 21 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Panorama Day 2: Kendrick Lamar spreads the love in profound headlining set
- Comic-Con 2016 Day 3: See stars' cinemagraph portraits
- 'Hawaii Five-0' books Claire Forlani for recurring role
- WATCH: Danny McBride teases Neal's redemption on 'Vice Principals'
- Will Forte teases 'Last Man on Earth' season 3: 'New... Malibu... Death'
- Comic-Con 2016: 5 things to know from 'Riverdale' pilot
- WATCH: Sigourney Weaver thought she 'f---ed up' iconic 'Aliens' line
- EW Party at Comic-Con 2016: See Stars' Red Carpet Arrivals
- Comic-Con 2016: See the Best Cosplayers From Day 2
- 'The Dark Tower' Storybook Stephen King Fans are Dying to Get
- Comic-Con 2016 Star Portraits: Day 2
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 2 Panels
- 10 of the Best Moments From 'The Daily Show'