People scoffed when Tom Jones showed up in Martin Scorsese’s PBS documentary series The Blues alongside the likes of Eric ?Clapton. But Mr. ”What’s New, Pussycat?” has an unmistakable flair for black vernacular music. On Praise & Blame, the singer revels in gutbucket and gospel, delivering 12 emotionally charged sermon-songs with raw-throated abandon. Who knows? He might yet get some respect from blooze purists. B+
Praise & BlamePeople scoffed when Tom Jones showed up in Martin Scorsese's PBS documentary series The Blues alongside the likes of Eric ?Clapton. But Mr. '...Praise & BlameBlues, R&BPeople scoffed when Tom Jones showed up in Martin Scorsese's PBS documentary series The Blues alongside the likes of Eric ?Clapton. But Mr. '...2010-07-21
IT'S NOT UNUSUAL Tom Jones
Genre: Blues, R&B; Lead Performer: Tom Jones (Musician)
Posted July 21 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Things look dark in trailer for Kristen Wiig's new movie 'Nasty Baby'
- Bill Murray earns his 20 percent in 'Rock the Kasbah' trailer
- Daniel Craig's go-to hangover cure is ...
- IFC postpones episode of 'Documentary Now!' in wake of WBDJ shooting
- Summit's new franchise hero? Julius Caesar
- 'The Walking Dead' star Lauren Cohan says season 6 is 'suffocating'
- How realistic was that 'Breaking Bad' machine gun scene?
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Alison & Will, Julianne Hough, Rafael Nadal & More!