In this smart send-up of our info-overload age, Gary Shteyngart (The Russian Debutante’s Handbook) imagines a not-too-distant-future America on the edge of collapse, a postliterate culture where books are dusty relics and communication happens through all-knowing personal electronic devices that display your income, blood pressure, and ”f—ability score.” The love-triangle plot unfolds through diary entries and e-mails, a gimmick that gets old pretty quickly. But Super Sad True Love Story is funny, on-target, and ultimately sad as it captures the absurdity and anxiety of navigating an increasingly out-of-control world. B+
Super Sad True Love StoryIn this smart send-up of our info-overload age, Gary Shteyngart (The Russian Debutante's Handbook) imagines a not-too-distant-future America on...Super Sad True Love StoryFiction, Comic NovelsGary ShteyngartIn this smart send-up of our info-overload age, Gary Shteyngart (The Russian Debutante's Handbook) imagines a not-too-distant-future America on...2010-07-21Random House
Super Sad True Love Story by Gary Shteyngart
Genre: Fiction, Comic Novels; Author: Gary Shteyngart; Publisher: Random House
Posted July 21 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Four reasons 'Straight Outta Compton' made N.W.A the Boyz of summer
- Grace Helbig and Tyler Oakley tapped to host 2015 Streamy Awards
- Miley Cyrus: Donald Trump 'loved' twerking performance at 2013 VMAs
- 6 new tracks we loved this week
- 'The Blacklist': Check out Liz's new look in exclusive first trailer
- 'Limitless' stages 'Dexter' reunion
- Rob Lowe's comedy casts Christina Applegate as former flame
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!