In this smart send-up of our info-overload age, Gary Shteyngart (The Russian Debutante’s Handbook) imagines a not-too-distant-future America on the edge of collapse, a postliterate culture where books are dusty relics and communication happens through all-knowing personal electronic devices that display your income, blood pressure, and ”f—ability score.” The love-triangle plot unfolds through diary entries and e-mails, a gimmick that gets old pretty quickly. But Super Sad True Love Story is funny, on-target, and ultimately sad as it captures the absurdity and anxiety of navigating an increasingly out-of-control world. B+
Super Sad True Love StoryIn this smart send-up of our info-overload age, Gary Shteyngart (The Russian Debutante's Handbook) imagines a not-too-distant-future America on...Super Sad True Love StoryFiction, Comic NovelsGary ShteyngartIn this smart send-up of our info-overload age, Gary Shteyngart (The Russian Debutante's Handbook) imagines a not-too-distant-future America on...2010-07-21Random House
Super Sad True Love Story by Gary Shteyngart
Genre: Fiction, Comic Novels; Author: Gary Shteyngart; Publisher: Random House
Posted July 21 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Bible' series won't return to NBC
- Gal Godot: 'It’s impossible not to be a little nervous' about playing Wonder Woman
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!