“Pop of King” hub here on EW.com, where all of the author’s columns and best-of lists are now archived. And don’t forget to let us know your pick for King’s all-time best EW column in the comments section below.Stephen King fans, you won’t want to miss this week’s issue of Entertainment Weekly (the one with Inception on the cover). As part of EW’s 20th anniversary, we’ve got a must-read feature story called “The Wit and Wisdom of Stephen King,” which excerpts some of the best moments Mr. King has had in his seven years as a monthly columnist for EW. Whether it was his kickoff contention that Dan Brown’s The Da Vinci Code (as well as 70 percent of the material on the fiction and nonfiction best-seller lists) is “dreck” or his tirade against movie-theater advertisements (“I wish every moviegoer in America would stand up in the dark and shout ‘TURN THAT S— OFF! THAT ISN’T WHAT I PAID FOR!TURN IT OFF RIGHT NOW!’”), “Uncle Stevie” has, from the get-go, been a wickedly candid and often hilarious presence in the pages of our magazine. The legendary horror author has weighed in on the serious (recounting his own stint in rehab for a piece on celebrity addiction); the silly (writing about Gilbert Gottfried’s voiceover in the ShoeDini ad, he noted that “you can actually feel tortured brain cells screeching their last as that vocal buzz-saw rips ever deeper into your cerebral cortex”); and even the sad (“It’s a great banquet, all right, but all too often the famous person discovers that he or she is for dessert,” he wrote after the death of Anna Nicole Smith). Be sure to check out the six-page feature in our July 30 issue, and visit our new
Posted July 26 2010 — 11:30 AM EDT
- Candace Cameron Bure shares new 'Fuller House' photo
- 'Deadpool' red band trailer to officially debut Tuesday on 'Conan'
- Dave Grohl responds in Italian to 1,000 fans who covered ‘Learn to Fly’
- Someone cut together 280 movies for an epic 'Uptown Funk' cover
- Box office report: ‘Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation,’ 'Vacation'
- First teaser for 'Zoolander 2' asks one big existential question
- Valerie Harper replaced in play after hospital stay
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!