“Pop of King” hub here on EW.com, where all of the author’s columns and best-of lists are now archived. And don’t forget to let us know your pick for King’s all-time best EW column in the comments section below.Stephen King fans, you won’t want to miss this week’s issue of Entertainment Weekly (the one with Inception on the cover). As part of EW’s 20th anniversary, we’ve got a must-read feature story called “The Wit and Wisdom of Stephen King,” which excerpts some of the best moments Mr. King has had in his seven years as a monthly columnist for EW. Whether it was his kickoff contention that Dan Brown’s The Da Vinci Code (as well as 70 percent of the material on the fiction and nonfiction best-seller lists) is “dreck” or his tirade against movie-theater advertisements (“I wish every moviegoer in America would stand up in the dark and shout ‘TURN THAT S— OFF! THAT ISN’T WHAT I PAID FOR!TURN IT OFF RIGHT NOW!’”), “Uncle Stevie” has, from the get-go, been a wickedly candid and often hilarious presence in the pages of our magazine. The legendary horror author has weighed in on the serious (recounting his own stint in rehab for a piece on celebrity addiction); the silly (writing about Gilbert Gottfried’s voiceover in the ShoeDini ad, he noted that “you can actually feel tortured brain cells screeching their last as that vocal buzz-saw rips ever deeper into your cerebral cortex”); and even the sad (“It’s a great banquet, all right, but all too often the famous person discovers that he or she is for dessert,” he wrote after the death of Anna Nicole Smith). Be sure to check out the six-page feature in our July 30 issue, and visit our new
Posted July 26 2010 — 11:30 AM EDT
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Does Lincoln have a death wish?
- 'The Craft' remake is actually a sequel, producer says
- Blake Shelton, Gwen Stefani will perform new duet on 'The Voice'
- Kendrick Lamar performs with Prince at Paisley Park in unearthed video
- Channing Tatum reveals dream costars in interview with nonverbal fan
- Arnold Schwarzenegger to star in Taran Killam-directed action comedy
- P!nk compares herself to Mad Hatter in 'Alice Through the Looking Glass'
- Met Gala 2016: The Best and Most Outrageous Looks
- Flashback to the 1996 Premiere of 'The Craft'
- 14 TV Cliffhangers and How They Were Resolved
- Met Gala 2016: See All the Arrivals From Manus x Machina
- 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt': Before They Were Stars
- 'Wayward Pines' Season 2: Exclusive Photos of the New Main Cast