The moving chapters about Roseanne Cash’s glorious career — and the moments of great tenderness and tension with her legendary family — are like exquisite album tracks: Individually they are great reads, but together they add up to something cohesive and powerful. Composed provides no bombshell confessions about her failed marriage to Rodney Crowell or her wonderfully complicated relationship with her dad, Johnny. (Though she does dismiss the biopic Walk the Line as ”an egregious oversimplification of our family’s private pain.”) Instead, Cash delivers writerly meditations on what it means to be an artist and a public person and, yes, a daughter. Rare is the celebrity memoir that is so full of self-awareness and dignity. A
ComposedThe moving chapters about Roseanne Cash's glorious career — and the moments of great tenderness and tension with her legendary family — are...ComposedNonfiction, MemoirRosanne CashThe moving chapters about Roseanne Cash's glorious career — and the moments of great tenderness and tension with her legendary family — are...2010-07-28Viking
Composed by Roseanne Cash
Genre: Nonfiction, Memoir; Author: Rosanne Cash; Publisher: Viking
Posted July 28 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Betty White is furious about the killing of Cecil the lion
- Fox cancels Ryan Seacrest's 'Knock Knock Live' after 2 episodes
- Despite polarizing season 2, HBO still interested in more 'True Detective'
- Box office preview: 'Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation,' 'Vacation'
- HBO says Game of Thrones will be at least eight seasons
- 'Feast' director Patrick Osborne to direct 'Battling Boy' adaptation
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!