The moving chapters about Roseanne Cash’s glorious career — and the moments of great tenderness and tension with her legendary family — are like exquisite album tracks: Individually they are great reads, but together they add up to something cohesive and powerful. Composed provides no bombshell confessions about her failed marriage to Rodney Crowell or her wonderfully complicated relationship with her dad, Johnny. (Though she does dismiss the biopic Walk the Line as ”an egregious oversimplification of our family’s private pain.”) Instead, Cash delivers writerly meditations on what it means to be an artist and a public person and, yes, a daughter. Rare is the celebrity memoir that is so full of self-awareness and dignity. A
ComposedThe moving chapters about Roseanne Cash's glorious career — and the moments of great tenderness and tension with her legendary family — are...ComposedNonfiction, MemoirRosanne CashThe moving chapters about Roseanne Cash's glorious career — and the moments of great tenderness and tension with her legendary family — are...2010-07-28Viking
Composed by Roseanne Cash
Genre: Nonfiction, Memoir; Author: Rosanne Cash; Publisher: Viking
Posted July 28 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ellen Page says her 'Freeheld' role inspired her to come out
- 'Brides of Dracula' series from 'Arrow' producer gets NBC pilot commitment
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall on why the judges 'floored' him this week
- Christina Applegate is a terrible Meryl Streep in Funny or Die's Lifetime spoof
- Wrestling legend Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka charged in 1983 murder
- Meet Denise, Kermit the Frog's new love interest
- And the Oscar producing gig goes to...
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!