The moving chapters about Roseanne Cash’s glorious career — and the moments of great tenderness and tension with her legendary family — are like exquisite album tracks: Individually they are great reads, but together they add up to something cohesive and powerful. Composed provides no bombshell confessions about her failed marriage to Rodney Crowell or her wonderfully complicated relationship with her dad, Johnny. (Though she does dismiss the biopic Walk the Line as ”an egregious oversimplification of our family’s private pain.”) Instead, Cash delivers writerly meditations on what it means to be an artist and a public person and, yes, a daughter. Rare is the celebrity memoir that is so full of self-awareness and dignity. A
ComposedThe moving chapters about Roseanne Cash's glorious career — and the moments of great tenderness and tension with her legendary family — are...ComposedNonfiction, MemoirRosanne CashThe moving chapters about Roseanne Cash's glorious career — and the moments of great tenderness and tension with her legendary family — are...2010-07-28Viking
Composed by Roseanne Cash
Genre: Nonfiction, Memoir; Author: Rosanne Cash; Publisher: Viking
Posted January 17 2015 — 2:22 PM EST
- Nick Offerman, Megan Mullally cancel Indiana show
- 'The Flash': THAT unmasked man on shocking Reverse Flash twist
- Mark Wahlberg to produce Boston Marathon bombing movie 'Patriots' Day'
- 'American Idol' alum Justin Guarini on how he became Diet Dr. Pepper’s Lil' Sweet
- Scott Weiland on his new album Blaster and the power of David Bowie
- 'Wolf Creek' filmmaker to direct James Gunn-scripted 'The Belco Experiment'
- Netflix orders season 2 of 'Bloodline'
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!