The moving chapters about Roseanne Cash’s glorious career — and the moments of great tenderness and tension with her legendary family — are like exquisite album tracks: Individually they are great reads, but together they add up to something cohesive and powerful. Composed provides no bombshell confessions about her failed marriage to Rodney Crowell or her wonderfully complicated relationship with her dad, Johnny. (Though she does dismiss the biopic Walk the Line as ”an egregious oversimplification of our family’s private pain.”) Instead, Cash delivers writerly meditations on what it means to be an artist and a public person and, yes, a daughter. Rare is the celebrity memoir that is so full of self-awareness and dignity. A
ComposedThe moving chapters about Roseanne Cash's glorious career — and the moments of great tenderness and tension with her legendary family — are...ComposedNonfiction, MemoirRosanne CashThe moving chapters about Roseanne Cash's glorious career — and the moments of great tenderness and tension with her legendary family — are...2010-07-28Viking
Composed by Roseanne Cash
Genre: Nonfiction, Memoir; Author: Rosanne Cash; Publisher: Viking
Posted July 28 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt blazes through aptitude test in 'Snowden' clip
- Jon Favreau to direct Seth MacFarlane's space-set comedic drama 'Orville'
- Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj are reuniting for another VMAs performance
- VMAs: DJ Khaled, Key and Peele, Jay Pharoah to cover show in lieu of host
- Christoph Waltz in talks for James Cameron's 'Alita: Battle Angel'
- 'Doctor Strange' recruits 'Community' creator Dan Harmon for script assist
- 'Fuller House': Candace Cameron Bure, NKOTB star recreate adorable photo
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...