Kevin Kline swans about as Henry, a strange, lonely older man who escorts wealthy widows to social events — he’s The Extra Man. Paul Dano dawdles as Louis, a strange, lonely young man who lodges in Henry’s apartment and enjoys wearing women’s clothes. What feels enjoyably outré in the 1998 coming-of-age novel by Jonathan Ames (creator of HBO’s Bored to Death) feels oppressively outré in this deadened, literal adaptation. C
THE MUSTACHE MATCHES THE TIE Kevin Kline is The Extra Man
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Katie Holmes, John C. Reilly; Director: Shari Springer Berman, Robert Pulcini; Author: Jonathan Ames, Robert Pulcini; Release Date Wide: 07/30/2010; Distributor: Magnolia Pictures
Posted July 28 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Cary Fukunaga leaves Stephen King adaptation 'It,' production indefinitely delayed
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- Ben Stiller tweets about mom Anne Meara
- Max Greenfield joins 'AHS: Hotel' cast
- Josh Duggar: Eye on awkward joke in clip
- Rob Thomas' 'Trust You': Hear it, get scoop on new album
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!