Yesterday we showed you the trailer for Cornelia Funke’s twisted fairy tale; now, take a gander at the upcoming 10-and-up novel’s first two chapters. It looks like Funke is returning to the genre’s more ominous and sinister roots, which I like. I know as a kid, I used to love books that were darker than the average Judy Blume, like Roald Dahl’s The Witches or Alvin Schwartz’s Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark. (I still have nightmares about this childhood-scarring picture. Why, oh, why would someone put that in a children’s book?!) Click on the link below to read the beginning of Reckless and tell us what you think.
Posted July 29 2010 — 10:42 AM EDT
- The Tao of Kenny Chesney
- Martin Short and Steve Martin goof around on 'The Tonight Show'
- 'Better Things': How Bridger Zadina prepped for a makeout scene
- Daisy Ridley on smashing glass ceilings with 'Eagle Huntress,' 'Star Wars'
- Ellen DeGeneres scares Ricky Gervais with a Donald Trump impersonator
- Julia Roberts asks fans to donate to GLSEN for her birthday
- 'Superstore': Colton Dunn talks onscreen rivalries in Halloween episode