Image Credit: ShowtimeIn attendance: stars Michael C. Hall, Jennifer Carpenter, James Remar, and C.S. Lee, and exec producers John Goldwyn, Sara Colleton, and Chip Johannessen
* Hall and Carpenter’s real-life relationship hasn’t caused any weirdness on the Dexter set. “I think from our perspective we met at work,” said Hall. “We’ve always been comfortable working together. And it’s nice to be on the same schedule.” Added Carpenter: “We have a lot of trust in our cast. Everyone is incredibly professional. When we’re at work, we’re at work.”
* Hall doesn’t advocate serial murder, but he understands the urge—particularly among Los Angelenos. “We spend time in traffic. We get that impulse.”
* RoboCop‘s Peter Weller will appear in eight episodes as an “ex-cop, cocaine-era cowboy kind of guy who gets into some trouble with corruption and ends up posing a problem for Dexter,” revealed Johannessen.
* Producers are ditching the season-long adversary arc in favor of multiple antagonists. “We wanted to shake up the single Big Bad [format],” said Johannessen, “especially in the wake of John Lithgow.”
* The theme of season 5? Atonement. “But the form that Dexter takes to achieve atonement is unique,” explained Colleton. “There will be different characters who will come in and interact [with him]. Different people help him along the way in different capacities.”
* Although Julie Benz is returning for the premiere, Rita will not be haunting Dexter as a ghost. “[Harry]’s the only one with keys to that room,” said Hall. (Additional reporting by Vlada Gelman)