It looks like MTV has a situation on its hands. The good kind. According to the network and Nielsen, last night’s season two premiere of Jersey Shore broke records, becoming the top-rated cable telecast of 2010 with audiences between the ages of 12 and 34. The episode snagged a 5.1 rating in that age demographic and had 5.3 million total viewers. It was MTV’s best season premiere showing since the season two launch of The Osbournes in November 2002. Season one of Jersey Shore debuted back in December 2009, grabbing 1.4 million viewers. This season’s kick-off was up 280 percent over that.
Posted July 30 2010 — 3:41 PM EDT
- Game of Thrones actor Peter Vaughan dies at 93
- Trevor Noah blames Donald Trump's advisors for enabling his tweeting
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' teaser trailer broke a Marvel record
- Will Smith: 'Bad Boys 3' is 'very close'
- Pixar’s 'Coco' reveals cast and plot details
- Jimmy Kimmel dings Trump while discussing Oscars gig
- Stephen Colbert mocks Donald Trump for Taiwan call
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'