The trailer for Trust, a film about a father (Clive Owen) who strikes back when his teen daughter becomes the victim of a sexual predator she met online, may catch some people by surprise when it flashes the words “Directed by David Schwimmer.” After all, this is the Friends star who made his feature directorial debut with Run, Fatboy, Run. But Trust is something Schwimmer had been plotting for years. “I’ve been on the board of the Rape Foundation for many, many years and have learned a lot firsthand with the child victims of sexual predators, and from talking and visiting with the FBI,” Schwimmer told EW in 2008. ”I think it’s a public health issue, and I have been thinking of this movie for the last three years….” Watch the trailer below.
Posted August 3 2010 — 1:25 PM EDT
- Oasis' Liam Gallagher on band doc: 'We were the band of a generation'
- 'Pretty Little Liars': Keegan Allen says goodbye as filming wraps
- 'Fresh Off the Boat' Chelsey Crisp talks Honey's Halloween Transformation
- Stephen Colbert mocks Donald Trump for hugging a flag onstage
- Lorraine Toussaint to guest star on 'Black-ish'
- 'Sing' cast poses with animated animal counterparts — exclusive photos
- Jimmy Kimmel combines Trump TV and 'The Walking Dead' in new parody
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?