Days before the Aug. 7 deadline, Haitian-American superstar Wyclef Jean has confirmed to Time.com that he will run for President of Haiti in this year’s Nov. 28 election. “If not for the earthquake, I probably would have waited another 10 years before doing this,” Jean said. “If I can’t take five years out to serve my country as President…then everything I’ve been singing about, like equal rights, doesn’t mean anything.” Jean may announce his candidacy on Thursday’s Larry King Live once he has arrived in Port-au-Prince from New York.
Posted August 3 2010 — 10:48 PM EDT
- How the faith-based drama 'War Room' became a sleeper hit
- 'The Unauthorized O.C. Musical': Ranking the musical numbers
- A fourth-grade teacher turned his classroom into the ultimate Kanye West tribute
- Wes Craven: A horror legend who pushed limits
- Miley Cyrus was 'cursing in anger' after Nicki Minaj VMA moment
- Lupita Nyong'o, Bernie Sanders among week 2 guests for Stephen Colbert
- VMAs ratings drop with Miley Cyrus
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!