Days before the Aug. 7 deadline, Haitian-American superstar Wyclef Jean has confirmed to Time.com that he will run for President of Haiti in this year’s Nov. 28 election. “If not for the earthquake, I probably would have waited another 10 years before doing this,” Jean said. “If I can’t take five years out to serve my country as President…then everything I’ve been singing about, like equal rights, doesn’t mean anything.” Jean may announce his candidacy on Thursday’s Larry King Live once he has arrived in Port-au-Prince from New York.
Posted August 3 2010 — 10:48 PM EDT
- 'Supergirl' promo asks a very important question
- Gilmore Guys to bring 'The Stars Hollow Countdown Show' to EW PopFest
- WATCH: Rob Lowe is 'rogue' with Marcia Gay Harden on 'Code Black'
- 'Jackie' set for U.S. premiere at the New York Film Festival
- Eve Plumb (yes, that Eve Plumb!) joins 'The Path' for season 2
- 'Scream Queens' clip: See Lea Michele's Hester go full Hannibal Lecter
- JoJo, Daya, more encourage first-time voters to lose their 'V-cards'