Days before the Aug. 7 deadline, Haitian-American superstar Wyclef Jean has confirmed to Time.com that he will run for President of Haiti in this year’s Nov. 28 election. “If not for the earthquake, I probably would have waited another 10 years before doing this,” Jean said. “If I can’t take five years out to serve my country as President…then everything I’ve been singing about, like equal rights, doesn’t mean anything.” Jean may announce his candidacy on Thursday’s Larry King Live once he has arrived in Port-au-Prince from New York.
Posted August 3 2010 — 10:48 PM EDT
- Jacob Tremblay is Team Iron Man, and other adorable revelations
- 'Rogue One' actor reveals character detail in new interview
- Tribeca 2016: 6 movies that wowed at the annual downtown NYC fest
- 'Lemonade' inspiration 'Daughters of the Dust' to be re-released
- Paul Rudd to star in WWII thriller 'The Catcher Was a Spy'
- Susan Sarandon on 'The Meddler': 'It's kind of an old-fashioned movie'
- Carpool Karaoke: Nick Jonas & Demi Lovato to ride with James Corden