This super-quiet love story doesn’t just take its time. It’s about taking time, as Juliette (Patricia Clarkson), the wife of a Canadian diplomat, lands in Cairo to rendezvous with her husband, who’s delayed in Gaza. To look after her, he dispatches a friend (Alexander Siddig), a tall, courtly Egyptian who wears his non-Western ways lightly but firmly. The two stroll the city, falling for each other, but how hard? Cairo Time is affectingly gentle, with Juliette slowing down to open up — a gossamer transformation that Clarkson makes tangible. B
ACCIDENTALLY IN LOVE Patricia Clarkson and Alexander Siddig form a cross-cultural bond in Cairo Time (Colm Hogan)
Genre: Drama, Romance; Starring: Patricia Clarkson; Release Date Wide: 08/06/2010
Posted August 4 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Bible' series won't return to NBC
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!