In Packing for Mars, this truly funny look at the less majestic aspects of the space program, Mary Roach shows that every activity we take for granted on Earth requires months of training for astronauts. How do you avoid motion sickness? How do you withstand weeks of enclosed body odor? Then there?s the No. 1 issue: No. 2, or, as NASA calls it, ”zero-gravity elimination.” Roach?s writing is supremely accessible, but there?s never a moment when you aren?t aware of how much research she?s done into unexplored reaches of space travel. A?
Packing for MarsIn Packing for Mars, this truly funny look at the less majestic aspects of the space program, Mary Roach shows that every activity we...Packing for MarsScience and TechnologyMary RoachIn Packing for Mars, this truly funny look at the less majestic aspects of the space program, Mary Roach shows that every activity we...2010-08-04W.W. Norton
Packing for Mars by Mary Roach
Genre: Science and Technology; Author: Mary Roach; Publisher: W.W. Norton
Posted August 4 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- NBC pulls plug on 'Coach' revival
- 'AHS: Hotel': Ryan Murphy shares three super creepy teasers
- Casting Net: Missi Pyle, Joey Lawrence hit horse rescue drama 'Emma's Chance'
- Rick Ross announces new album will be released this week
- Kesha to guest-star on 'Jane the Virgin'
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!