Deadline.com is reporting, and EW has confirmed, that Viggo Mortensen and Amy Adams will join the cast of On the Road, the adaptation of Jack Kerouac’s classic Beat Generation novel. Mortensen will play Old Bull Lee, famously based on author William S. Burroughs, and Adams will play his wife Jane, based on Burrough’s common-law wife Joan Vollmer. The film also stars Garrett Hedlund (TRON: Legacy, out in Dec.), Kristen Stewart, Kirsten Dunst, and Sam Riley; director Walter Salles (The Motorcycle Diaries) began filming today.
Posted August 4 2010 — 9:28 PM EDT
- 'Focus' is weekend's No. 1 movie: $19.1M
- 'Walking Dead': Tovah Feldshuh on her arrival as...
- 'Walking Dead' director Greg Nicotero on 'Remember'--and the scenes we didn't see
- Margot Robbie's 'Focus' audition: 'craziest 24 hours'
- 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer burning Q's about Emma and more
- Leonard Nimoy's Mr. Spock: A tribute to the humane spirit
- 'McFarland, USA' and the neutering of sports movies