Deadline.com is reporting, and EW has confirmed, that Viggo Mortensen and Amy Adams will join the cast of On the Road, the adaptation of Jack Kerouac’s classic Beat Generation novel. Mortensen will play Old Bull Lee, famously based on author William S. Burroughs, and Adams will play his wife Jane, based on Burrough’s common-law wife Joan Vollmer. The film also stars Garrett Hedlund (TRON: Legacy, out in Dec.), Kristen Stewart, Kirsten Dunst, and Sam Riley; director Walter Salles (The Motorcycle Diaries) began filming today.
Posted August 4 2010 — 9:28 PM EDT
- Meghan Trainor cancels tour stops for vocal rest
- President Obama to appear on 'The Daily Show'
- Actor Judge Reinhold arrested in Texas on disorderly conduct charge
- Andy Grammer's emotional 'Fresh Eyes' video focuses on homelessness
- Box office: 'Office Christmas Party,' 'Miss Sloane' enter crowded slate
- Donald Trump remaining executive producer on new 'Celebrity Apprentice'
- Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger to appear on NBC's New Year's Eve special
- The 20 Best (And 5 Worst!) TV Shows of 2016
- EW's 2016 Entertainers of the Year
- The 20 Best Movies of 2016
- Finding 'La La Land': Director Damien Chazelle's 15 Influences for His New Musical Romance
- 38 Photos of Ian Somerhalder For His 38th Birthday
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21: Meet Nick's 30 Bachelorettes