Deadline.com is reporting, and EW has confirmed, that Viggo Mortensen and Amy Adams will join the cast of On the Road, the adaptation of Jack Kerouac’s classic Beat Generation novel. Mortensen will play Old Bull Lee, famously based on author William S. Burroughs, and Adams will play his wife Jane, based on Burrough’s common-law wife Joan Vollmer. The film also stars Garrett Hedlund (TRON: Legacy, out in Dec.), Kristen Stewart, Kirsten Dunst, and Sam Riley; director Walter Salles (The Motorcycle Diaries) began filming today.
Posted August 4 2010 — 9:28 PM EDT
- 'Big Brother': Julie Chen answers our burning Qs
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!