in The Hollywood Reporter this morning that Freeman and Judd are mulling a reunion (alongside Harry Connick Jr.) in Dolphin Tale, a story about the friendship between a boy and a brave dolphin whose use of a prosthetic fin touches people across the planet. Judd has her eye on the role of the boy’s mother, Freeman the dolphin’s doctor, but I’m hoping a script doctor will set things straight by rewriting their roles as “plucky young police officer” and “grizzled-but-wise detective (with one week left on the job).” Got better ideas for their characters? Begin the brainstorming sesh in the comments below!I know they’ve only been in two movies together (1997’s Kiss the Girls and 2002’ High Crimes), but for some irrational reason, I think of Morgan Freeman and Ashley Judd as the peanut butter and raspberry jam of cinematic pairings: How can one possibly exist without the other? So needless to say, I was elated to read
Posted August 5 2010 — 10:22 AM EDT
- Meryl Streep in talks to join Emily Blunt in 'Mary Poppins Returns'
- 'Law & Order: SVU' books VP Joe Biden
- 'Jason Bourne' franchise gets the Honest Trailers treatment
- 'Justice League' star to make cameo in 'Suicide Squad'
- WATCH: Kelsea Ballerini covers Britney Spears on 'Greatest Hits'
- Matt Damon on 'Project Greenlight': 'We don't want to give up on it'
- Gwen Stefani brings bullied fan on stage during concert