Rhonda McCullough, the widow of Bernie Mac, has filed a wrongful death suit against Dr. Rene M. Earles, a Chicago dermatologist who’d treated Mac. The comedian died on Aug. 9, 2008 of heart failure after pneumonia. He’d also long been suffering from sarcoidosis, an autoimmune disease. The suit alleges that the doctor failed to recognize how severe Mac’s cardiopulmonary distress was during an office visit three weeks prior to his death. The doctor disputed the allegations to the Chicago Sun-Times, saying that he believes he treated Mac appropriately. [People]
Posted August 6 2010 — 4:26 PM EDT
- Sundance announces 2017 Premieres, Spotlight, Midnight, Kids sections
- 'Westworld' showrunners: Anybody could return in season 2
- 'Moana': Watch the gorgeous video for 'We Know the Way'
- Al Gore, Donald Trump, and Ivanka Trump meet to talk climate change
- Tim Roth reveals his grandfather sexually abused him, his father
- 'Biggest Loser' winner on regaining weight: 'I feel ashamed'
- Beyoncé, Taylor Swift dominated Tumblr in 2016
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday