Reese Witherspoon is in talks with Fox 2000 to star in a biopic about jazz singer, songwriter, and actress Peggy Lee, according to Variety. Witherspoon, who secured the rights to Lee’s story from the late singer’s estate, will serve as one of the film’s producers, while Nora Ephron (Julie & Julia, Sleepless in Seattle) will write and direct. The movie, like Walk the Line (for which Witherspoon won an Academy Award for portraying singer June Carter), will depict the highs and lows of Lee’s personal life and career, which spanned nearly seven decades in music and film.
Posted August 9 2010 — 7:56 PM EDT
- Bob Dylan thanks Nobel Prize committee for honoring his songs as literature
- Chris Pratt says his son thinks acting is 'stupid'
- 'Assassin's Creed': Final trailer has plenty of new footage
- Louis Tomlinson debuts new song on ‘X Factor’ days after mom’s death
- 'Insidious: Chapter 4' first look sees Lin Shaye facing her demons
- 'Sherlock' intense season 4 trailer: 'I love you'
- Patti Smith covers Bob Dylan at Nobel Prize ceremony