In the latest breezy read from Lauren Weisberger (The Devil Wears Prada), nutritionist Brooke works two jobs to support her husband, Julian, a singer-songwriter who’s never worn anything but a white T-shirt, knit cap, and sheepish grin that reduces women to drooling fangirls. But when Julian’s celebrity blows up and a stylist dresses him in cashmere hoodies, Brooke’s personal life becomes tabloid fodder. If you can get past its gossip-column title, Last Night at Chateau Marmont makes a good antidote to dreadful summer TV — it’s a haunting look at what might happen if your life became a reality show but you never signed ?off on the cameras. B
Last Night at Chateau Marmont by Lauren Weisberger
Genre: Fiction; Author: Lauren Weisberger; Status: In Season; Publisher: Atria
Posted August 11 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters