Now that he can’t save the world (or cheerleaders) anymore as time-stopping teleporter Hiro Nakamura in NBC’s now-canceled Heroes, Emmy-nominee Masi Oka is moving into a new prime-time do-gooding role: EW has confirmed reports that the actor has been cast in CBS’ Hawaii Five-0 reboot, which is shaping up to have some serious geek-pop cred. The cast: Alex O’Loughlin (Moonlight), Daniel Dae Kim (Lost) and Grace Park (Battlestar Galactica). The exec producers: Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci (Star Trek; Fringe). Just what kind of mystery island drama is this new Hawaii Five-0 going to be, anyway? Oka will reportedly play a coroner in the show’s fourth episode and may become a recurring character in the series.
Posted August 12 2010 — 9:32 PM EDT
- Halloween ComicFest 2016: Here are all the free comics you can get
- Joel McHale on 'The Great Indoors': 'We are equal opportunity offenders'
- 'Thor: Ragnarok' wraps production
- The 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' tweet crossover you need to see
- 'Peanuts' meets 'Stranger Things' in clever mash-up video
- 'Girl Meets World': Eric Matthews is running for president
- 'Fantastic Beasts': Peek inside NYC’s magical speakeasy, the Blind Pig