The Expendables – Sylvester Stallone (who also co-wrote and directed), Randy Couture, Steve Austin, Dolph Lundgren, and Terry Crews – may not have been the most obvious fit for the Comic-Con crowd when they visited the mega-convention last month. Their movie isn’t so much designed for spindly geeks (like me) as it is, in the inimitable words of our critic Owen Gleiberman, “a real meathead jamboree.” But when I sat down with them at our EW.com studio in the Hard Rock Hotel San Diego, they could not have been more charming and easy to talk to. We discussed what it’s like to get a call from “Sly” Stallone, talked about the friendly competition over who was the most stacked, and noted what they geek out about in pop-culture. (You will never guess Dolph Lundgren’s answer.) Check out the video after the jump.The cast of
Posted August 14 2010 — 1:16 PM EDT
- Can 'Allied' survive the Brad Pitt-Angelina Jolie breakup?
- How Paul Thomas Anderson's 'The Master' inspired the 'Exorcist' TV show
- Angelina Jolie in talks to star in war drama 'Shoot Like a Girl'
- 'Pitch': A radio caller thought Ginny Baker was a real baseball player
- 'Timeless' showrunners say TV has become too 'dark'
- 5 key tracks on the 'American Honey' soundtrack
- Intense trailer for 'Evolution' features a disturbing discovery