HBO is unlikely to partner with Netflix for streaming over the Internet and will instead focus on offering subscribers an online viewing option via HBO GO, Bloomberg reports. Eric Kessler, co-president of HBO (which, like EW, is part of Time Warner), told Bloomberg that HBO GO will be available to paying subscribers at no additional cost through all major cable systems, on Apple Inc.’s iPad, and on mobile devices in six months. Right now, HBO GO is available for customers of Comcast and Verizon FiOS.
Posted August 17 2010 — 3:45 PM EDT
- Warren Beatty, Annette Bening reunite for 'Rules Don't Apply' trailer
- 'You're the Worst' Desmin Borges on Edgar's emotional PTSD episode
- Hear Blackberry Smoke's swinging new tune, 'Let It Burn'
- How Mary J. Blige scored an interview with Hillary Clinton
- Stephen Colbert thinks Elon Musk wants to send Donald Trump to Mars
- Sam Mendes to produce 'Beautiful Ruins' movie adaptation, may direct
- Jon Batiste gathers celebrities for 'Hey White People!' PSA