HBO is unlikely to partner with Netflix for streaming over the Internet and will instead focus on offering subscribers an online viewing option via HBO GO, Bloomberg reports. Eric Kessler, co-president of HBO (which, like EW, is part of Time Warner), told Bloomberg that HBO GO will be available to paying subscribers at no additional cost through all major cable systems, on Apple Inc.’s iPad, and on mobile devices in six months. Right now, HBO GO is available for customers of Comcast and Verizon FiOS.
Posted August 17 2010 — 3:45 PM EDT
- Britney Spears' backup dancers choreograph sexy routine to new track
- Selena Gomez taking time off for 'anxiety, panic attacks & depression'
- Shannen Doherty undergoing more chemo
- 'Shameless' season 7 trailer: When will the Gallaghers learn!?
- 'Supernatural': Mary's back, Sam's tortured in season 12 photos
- Rihanna & Drake countdown website is fake: source
- 'Supergirl' casts Superman villain Metallo — exclusive