Michael Been, vocalist and guitarist for the 1980s band The Call, suffered a heart attack in Belgium on Thursday and died. He was 60 years old. Been had been touring with his son’s band, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, serving as a sound engineer, when he was stricken backstage at the Pukkelpop Music Festival in Hasselt. The Call produced 10 albums between 1982 and 2000, including 1989’s Let the Day Begin, the title track of which later became a campaign song for Al Gore in 2000.
Posted January 18 2015 — 5:51 AM EST
- Game of Thrones: Melisandre actress on nude scenes and Jon Snow interest
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' products to hit shelves in September
- J.K. Rowling apologizes for 'Harry Potter' death
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' earns $187.7M at weekend box office, second-best U.S. debut ever
- Spice Girls reunite at David Beckham's birthday
- 'Dances With Wolves' writer Michael Blake dies
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Halle Berry & Goldie Hawn, Plus Diddy, Melissa McCarthy & More!