Michael Been, vocalist and guitarist for the 1980s band The Call, suffered a heart attack in Belgium on Thursday and died. He was 60 years old. Been had been touring with his son’s band, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, serving as a sound engineer, when he was stricken backstage at the Pukkelpop Music Festival in Hasselt. The Call produced 10 albums between 1982 and 2000, including 1989’s Let the Day Begin, the title track of which later became a campaign song for Al Gore in 2000.
Posted August 20 2010 — 8:37 AM EDT
- 'Supergirl': That big casualty 'weighs heavy' on Kara
- J.K. Simmons and Julie Delpy lead 'The Bachelors'
- Robert Schwentke drops out as director of final 'Divergent' film, 'Ascendant'
- Will Smith's 'Collateral Beauty' will go head-to-head with 'Rogue One'
- See 100 years of zombie evolution in time-lapse video
- Matt LeBlanc sitcom 'I'm Not Your Friend' gets pilot, series commitment at CBS
- 'The Magicians' postmortem: Does Julia regret nearly killing Quentin?