Michael Been, vocalist and guitarist for the 1980s band The Call, suffered a heart attack in Belgium on Thursday and died. He was 60 years old. Been had been touring with his son’s band, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, serving as a sound engineer, when he was stricken backstage at the Pukkelpop Music Festival in Hasselt. The Call produced 10 albums between 1982 and 2000, including 1989’s Let the Day Begin, the title track of which later became a campaign song for Al Gore in 2000.
Posted August 20 2010 — 8:37 AM EDT
- 'Elementary' finale sneak peek: What is Sherlock willing to sacrifice?
- Allison Janney returns to the White House for surprise briefing
- Ryan Reynolds pens tribute to young 'Deadpool' fan who died of cancer
- 'The Omen' prequel: 'Christine' helmer in talks to direct
- 'Scandal' stars Scott Foley & Joshua Malina talk 'Buckle Up'
- Watch Eric Church's poignant new music video for 'Record Year'
- The 10 most peak Drake lyrics on ‘Views'
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch