Michael Been, vocalist and guitarist for the 1980s band The Call, suffered a heart attack in Belgium on Thursday and died. He was 60 years old. Been had been touring with his son’s band, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, serving as a sound engineer, when he was stricken backstage at the Pukkelpop Music Festival in Hasselt. The Call produced 10 albums between 1982 and 2000, including 1989’s Let the Day Begin, the title track of which later became a campaign song for Al Gore in 2000.
Posted August 20 2010 — 8:37 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters