The Twilight Saga, with its operatic gloom and straight-faced fantasy, is undoubtedly ripe for a smart, good-natured ribbing. This isn’t it. In Vampires Suck, writer-directors Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer (Disaster Movie) tackle the material with their usual scattershot aim, roping in references to everything from the Jonas Brothers to Jersey Shore for gags that barely even try for humor; most just settle for a momentary jolt of recognition. The exception is newcomer Jenn Proske, who spoofs Twilight star Kristen Stewart’s flustered, hair-tugging angst with hilarious precision. C-
THE ONE WITH THE HAIRY CHEST Christopher N. Riggi gets his Lautner on for Vampires Suck (Alan Markfield)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Matt Lanter; Director: Jason Friedberg, Aaron Seltzer; Author: Jason Friedberg, Aaron Seltzer; Release Date Wide: 08/18/2010; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted January 17 2015 — 2:22 PM EST
- 'Full House' revival at Netflix officially on; 13 episodes to arrive in 2016
- 'Inside Amy Schumer' renewed
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race': Our audience with returning queen
- 'Bachelorette' first promo: This crazytown ain't big enough for the both of them
- 'Originals' boss breaks down latest shockers, previews a devastating finale
- 'Ant-Man' gets a tiny billboard campaign
- Django Django unveil trippy, magenta-hued video for 'Beginning to Fade'
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet style: We grade the looks
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet arrivals: What they wore
- Blake Lively in 'Age of Adaline': Style when you're forever 29
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- Katy Perry, Tim & Faith, Blake Lively and More!