The Twilight Saga, with its operatic gloom and straight-faced fantasy, is undoubtedly ripe for a smart, good-natured ribbing. This isn’t it. In Vampires Suck, writer-directors Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer (Disaster Movie) tackle the material with their usual scattershot aim, roping in references to everything from the Jonas Brothers to Jersey Shore for gags that barely even try for humor; most just settle for a momentary jolt of recognition. The exception is newcomer Jenn Proske, who spoofs Twilight star Kristen Stewart’s flustered, hair-tugging angst with hilarious precision. C-
THE ONE WITH THE HAIRY CHEST Christopher N. Riggi gets his Lautner on for Vampires Suck (Alan Markfield)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Matt Lanter; Director: Jason Friedberg, Aaron Seltzer; Author: Jason Friedberg, Aaron Seltzer; Release Date Wide: 08/18/2010; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted August 20 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jennifer Lawrence has a life-changing idea in new 'Joy' teaser
- Erykah Badu calls out Iggy Azalea at Soul Train Awards
- Joey Feek gives update on wife Rory's cancer diagnosis
- 'Quantico' postmortem: Who's gone from the Academy?
- 'Walking Dead' prologue scene sets up Negan, second half of season 6
- 'The Walking Dead': Did the midseason finale satisfy?
- See My Morning Jacket cover Eagles of Death Metal