The Twilight Saga, with its operatic gloom and straight-faced fantasy, is undoubtedly ripe for a smart, good-natured ribbing. This isn’t it. In Vampires Suck, writer-directors Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer (Disaster Movie) tackle the material with their usual scattershot aim, roping in references to everything from the Jonas Brothers to Jersey Shore for gags that barely even try for humor; most just settle for a momentary jolt of recognition. The exception is newcomer Jenn Proske, who spoofs Twilight star Kristen Stewart’s flustered, hair-tugging angst with hilarious precision. C-
THE ONE WITH THE HAIRY CHEST Christopher N. Riggi gets his Lautner on for Vampires Suck (Alan Markfield)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Matt Lanter; Director: Jason Friedberg, Aaron Seltzer; Author: Jason Friedberg, Aaron Seltzer; Release Date Wide: 08/18/2010; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted August 20 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Barack Obama crashes Stephen Colbert's post-Super Bowl 'Late Show'
- Twitter finds unofficial Super Bowl mascot in diarrhea medication ad
- Schick channels 'Transformers' for Super Bowl 50 ad
- Taraji P. Henson confuses Coldplay with Maroon 5: 'Oooooooopppps. Lmao!'
- These are the best Super Bowl 50 halftime show GIFs
- Psylocke swoops in during 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Super Bowl teaser
- See all the movie trailers that aired during Super Bowl 50