The Twilight Saga, with its operatic gloom and straight-faced fantasy, is undoubtedly ripe for a smart, good-natured ribbing. This isn’t it. In Vampires Suck, writer-directors Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer (Disaster Movie) tackle the material with their usual scattershot aim, roping in references to everything from the Jonas Brothers to Jersey Shore for gags that barely even try for humor; most just settle for a momentary jolt of recognition. The exception is newcomer Jenn Proske, who spoofs Twilight star Kristen Stewart’s flustered, hair-tugging angst with hilarious precision. C-
THE ONE WITH THE HAIRY CHEST Christopher N. Riggi gets his Lautner on for Vampires Suck (Alan Markfield)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Matt Lanter; Director: Jason Friedberg, Aaron Seltzer; Author: Jason Friedberg, Aaron Seltzer; Release Date Wide: 08/18/2010; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted August 20 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Shia LaBeouf arrested in Austin for public intoxication
- The 'Robot Chicken' cast can't stop talking about 'Pretty Little Liars'
- 'Mr. Robot' cast reveal how they recover from intense scenes
- Fox cuts 'Minority Report' order to 10 episodes
- 'Con Man' panel fulfilled our 'Firefly' dreams at New York Comic Con
- Clark Gregg on whether 'Agents of SHIELD' will ever encounter mutants
- Watch Aladdin and Jasmine reunite for 'A Whole New World'