The Twilight Saga, with its operatic gloom and straight-faced fantasy, is undoubtedly ripe for a smart, good-natured ribbing. This isn’t it. In Vampires Suck, writer-directors Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer (Disaster Movie) tackle the material with their usual scattershot aim, roping in references to everything from the Jonas Brothers to Jersey Shore for gags that barely even try for humor; most just settle for a momentary jolt of recognition. The exception is newcomer Jenn Proske, who spoofs Twilight star Kristen Stewart’s flustered, hair-tugging angst with hilarious precision. C-
THE ONE WITH THE HAIRY CHEST Christopher N. Riggi gets his Lautner on for Vampires Suck (Alan Markfield)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Matt Lanter; Director: Jason Friedberg, Aaron Seltzer; Author: Jason Friedberg, Aaron Seltzer; Release Date Wide: 08/18/2010; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted August 20 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- How the novel 'Star Wars: Aftermath' sets up 'The Force Awakens'
- The lawsuit over 'Mr. Holmes' has been settled, attorney says
- Kristen Bell’s gift to Dax Shepard makes us all miss 'Parenthood'
- Casting Net: Jason Momoa to star in lumberjack thriller Braven
- Brad Paisley gets ready for football season with 'Country Nation' video
- Selena Gomez is officially in 'Neighbors 2'
- Interracial family comedy in the works at NBC, from Parks and Recreation pair
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!