Plans to shoot The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn in Rio De Janeiro may be scrapped following a gang hostage situation that turned bloody at Rio’s Intercontinental Hotel on Sunday. (Drug gang members took 35 people hostage before participating in a gun battle with police that left one dead and six injured.) AFP reports that while cast and crew are fearful about filming in the area, officials in Rio are attempting to convince them to continue production. Rio is expected to profit up to $1 million if Breaking Dawn shoots in the Brazilian city.
Posted August 25 2010 — 11:26 AM EDT
- 'Outlander' is becoming a war story, explains showrunner
- James Bond: Sam Mendes thinks 'it's time for somebody else' to direct
- Tom Hardy chats with Princes William and Harry at charity polo tournament
- 'Mother, May I Sleep With Danger?' trailer: James Franco's re-'vamp'
- Melissa McCarthy to 'Ghostbusters' haters: 'I hope they find a friend'
- Zac Efron shares 'High School Musical' throwback cast photo
- What is Essex Corp? 'X-Men: Apocalypse' post-credits scene explained
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers