Plans to shoot The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn in Rio De Janeiro may be scrapped following a gang hostage situation that turned bloody at Rio’s Intercontinental Hotel on Sunday. (Drug gang members took 35 people hostage before participating in a gun battle with police that left one dead and six injured.) AFP reports that while cast and crew are fearful about filming in the area, officials in Rio are attempting to convince them to continue production. Rio is expected to profit up to $1 million if Breaking Dawn shoots in the Brazilian city.
Posted August 25 2010 — 11:26 AM EDT
- What EW staffers are thankful for this year
- Big Apple Circus performer juggles at 'Hamilton' pre-show
- The year in Shondaland: A look back with Shonda Rhimes & her leading ladies
- Colbert tackles Thanksgiving controversies on 'The Late Show'
- New 'Star Wars' spot returns us to last year's teaser
- Uzo Aduba explains what it's like to perform alongside Taylor Swift
- Jimmy Fallon and Nathan Lane play 'Kid Dictionary'