Plans to shoot The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn in Rio De Janeiro may be scrapped following a gang hostage situation that turned bloody at Rio’s Intercontinental Hotel on Sunday. (Drug gang members took 35 people hostage before participating in a gun battle with police that left one dead and six injured.) AFP reports that while cast and crew are fearful about filming in the area, officials in Rio are attempting to convince them to continue production. Rio is expected to profit up to $1 million if Breaking Dawn shoots in the Brazilian city.
Posted August 25 2010 — 11:26 AM EDT
- Cara Delevingne addresses awkward interview
- 'Gritty' take on 'Little Women' in development at CW
- Mia Farrow criticized for tweeting business address of Cecil the lion's killer
- Diva Layla El retires from WWE
- Woody Allen says private life doesn't resonate in his films
- 'Law & Order' director arrested on child pornography charges
- 'Secret in Their Eyes' gets new release date
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Tyra Banks, The Madden Bros., Taylor Schilling & More!