Plans to shoot The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn in Rio De Janeiro may be scrapped following a gang hostage situation that turned bloody at Rio’s Intercontinental Hotel on Sunday. (Drug gang members took 35 people hostage before participating in a gun battle with police that left one dead and six injured.) AFP reports that while cast and crew are fearful about filming in the area, officials in Rio are attempting to convince them to continue production. Rio is expected to profit up to $1 million if Breaking Dawn shoots in the Brazilian city.
Posted August 25 2010 — 11:26 AM EDT
- 'Empire': Lawsuit claims kids were mistreated during filming at youth detention center
- Classic album covers get the 'Star Wars' treatment
- 'Mr. Robot': Carly Chaikin on the big Darlene shocker
- Prince's Paisley Park estate will open for public tours in October
- 'Another Period': Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindhome on season finale
- Katie Ledecky throws out first pitch as Bryce Harper holds her medals
- 'Serial': Adnan Syed alibi witness shoots down attempts to discredit her
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...