Plans to shoot The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn in Rio De Janeiro may be scrapped following a gang hostage situation that turned bloody at Rio’s Intercontinental Hotel on Sunday. (Drug gang members took 35 people hostage before participating in a gun battle with police that left one dead and six injured.) AFP reports that while cast and crew are fearful about filming in the area, officials in Rio are attempting to convince them to continue production. Rio is expected to profit up to $1 million if Breaking Dawn shoots in the Brazilian city.
Posted August 25 2010 — 11:26 AM EDT
- DNC staffers get engaged on convention stage
- Britney Spears 'explored some new things' on upcoming album
- 'Hamilton' star lands title role in 'Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks'
- Rory Feek to remember late wife, Joey, in new memoir
- Matt Damon recaps 'Jason Bourne' franchise in 90 seconds
- Steve Aoki's 'I'll Sleep When I'm Dead' Netflix gets trailer
- 'MADtv': original stars tease return of classic Clinton impressions reboot
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels
- 'Friends': See the Cast's Evolution Over 10 Years
- This Is What the First Lollapalooza Looked Like
- Comic-Con 2016: See Scenes From Marvel's Showcase
- Comic-Con 2016: See Portraits of Marvel Studios Stars
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 3 Panels