Plans to shoot The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn in Rio De Janeiro may be scrapped following a gang hostage situation that turned bloody at Rio’s Intercontinental Hotel on Sunday. (Drug gang members took 35 people hostage before participating in a gun battle with police that left one dead and six injured.) AFP reports that while cast and crew are fearful about filming in the area, officials in Rio are attempting to convince them to continue production. Rio is expected to profit up to $1 million if Breaking Dawn shoots in the Brazilian city.
Posted August 25 2010 — 11:26 AM EDT
- 'Supergirl': That big casualty 'weighs heavy' on Kara
- J.K. Simmons and Julie Delpy lead 'The Bachelors'
- Robert Schwentke drops out as director of final 'Divergent' film, 'Ascendant'
- Will Smith's 'Collateral Beauty' will go head-to-head with 'Rogue One'
- See 100 years of zombie evolution in time-lapse video
- Matt LeBlanc sitcom 'I'm Not Your Friend' gets pilot, series commitment at CBS
- 'The Magicians' postmortem: Does Julia regret nearly killing Quentin?