The Los Angeles Times is reporting today that Godfather director Francis Ford Coppola will receive this year’s Irving G. Thalberg Memorial Award, while Eli Wallach and French New Wave auteur Jean-Luc Godard will be both be getting special lifetime achievement Oscars (along with British film preservationist Kevin Brownlow). Personally, I’d stay up late to watch this group of heavyweights getting richly-deserved gold. How about you, Popwatchers?This year, the Academy has decided to give out the honorary awards off-camera, at a dinner on Nov. 13. So, naturally, they pick a bunch of winners we’d actually like to see on TV. (Bummer.)
Posted August 25 2010 — 5:48 PM EDT
- First Look: See Rob Riggle as 'Gator Dan' on 'Fresh Off the Boat'
- Netflix renews 'Narcos' for season 2
- Eddie Redmayne: 'The Danish Girl' was 'an extraordinary experience'
- Meet the new Transporter: Ed Skrein has refueled the action franchise
- 6 times Cate Blanchett transformed to play real people on the big screen
- Black Sabbath announce farewell tour
- 'Spectre' poster: James Bond is dressed to kill
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!