The Los Angeles Times is reporting today that Godfather director Francis Ford Coppola will receive this year’s Irving G. Thalberg Memorial Award, while Eli Wallach and French New Wave auteur Jean-Luc Godard will be both be getting special lifetime achievement Oscars (along with British film preservationist Kevin Brownlow). Personally, I’d stay up late to watch this group of heavyweights getting richly-deserved gold. How about you, Popwatchers?This year, the Academy has decided to give out the honorary awards off-camera, at a dinner on Nov. 13. So, naturally, they pick a bunch of winners we’d actually like to see on TV. (Bummer.)
Posted August 25 2010 — 5:48 PM EDT
- Kanye West's 'The Life of Pablo' has finally arrived
- Jonah Hill to host 'Saturday Night Live'
- Interracial marriage drama 'Loving' acquired by Focus Features
- Lady Gaga is getting her own 'Monster High' doll
- Melissa McCarthy hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Chiwetel Ejiofor says he'll never forgive Mark from 'Love Actually'
- Hear Disney princesses sing in their original languages