Image Credit: Craig Sjodin/ABCThe pairings for Season 11 of Dancing With the Stars were announced this morning on Good Morning America. It’s sad not seeing Edyta Sliwinska’s name. (She’s left the show to pursue other ambitions, including finishing college.) But we’ll wear imaginary leg warmers in her honor while we offer our quick take:
• Jennifer Grey — Derek Hough: Yep, she’s officially the early favorite. You know that part in Dirty Dancing when Baby giggles as Johnny raises her arm and runs his hand down the side of her body — that wasn’t scripted. Can’t wait to see her reaction to Derek’s sexy choreography.
• Bristol Palin — Mark Ballas: Ballas is known for bringing young women out of their shells while keeping his choreography age-appropriate. It had to be him.
• Brandy — Maksim Chmerkovskiy: Maks does well with fierce women. We look forward to the “Boy is Mine” paso doble.
• Margaret Cho — Louis Van Amstel: Exactly what we were hoping for: Funny ladies appreciate Louis’ unique view, and he enjoys challenging them and can take a joke.
• Audrina Patridge — Tony Dovolani: A step up from Kate Gosselin, which he deserves. But doesn’t she feel like someone more for Alec Mazo?
• Florence Henderson — Corky Ballas: You know Cloris Leachman has already stopped by rehearsal. Keep the cameras rolling!
• Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino — Karina Smirnoff: Sexy couple, if you’re into The Sitch. Their tans will look great together.
• Kurt Warner — Anna Trebunskaya: She’s comfortable with athletes. But while Evan Lysacek and Jerry Rice took her to the finals, she wasn’t so lucky with Chuck Liddell.
• Rick Fox — Cheryl Burke: He’s a fusion of the partners with whom she’s previously excelled: athletic (Emmitt Smith, Chad Ochocinco) and sexy (Cristián de la Fuente, Gilles Marini).
• David Hasselhoff — Kym Johnson: Kim is not afraid to embrace the cheese (Jerry Springer, Penn Jillette), and he might have moves that rival Donny Osmond’s.
• Kyle Massey — Lacey Schwimmer: She’s young and fun and not afraid to shake things up — a good match for a Disney star who raps.
• Michael Bolton — Chelsie Hightower: With Bolton still looking hot (admit it), the age difference is actually sort of sexy. With Ty Murray, Louie Vito, and Jake Pavelka on her dance card, she knows how to handle men who are willing but stiff.