A group of smooth-acting criminals (Paul Walker, Idris Elba, Chris Brown, et al.) rob banks. A pair of worn-out cops (Matt Dillon and Jay Hernandez) try to stop them. Sound oversimplified? Welcome to the world of Takers, where slick passes for smart, motivation is for wimps (Why do they steal? Because it’s cool!), and our merry band of robbers look like they spend more time laying out their hep-cat outfits than they do plotting their next charmingly retro, money-stuffed-in-a-duffle heist. At least they do look sharp in those suits. C-
THE GOOD LIFE Tip ''T.I.'' Harris smokes a cigar fantastically in Takers (Suzanne Tenner)
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Hayden Christensen, Matt Dillon; Director: John Luessenhop; Author: Gabriel Casseus, John Luessenhop; Release Date Wide: 08/27/2010; Distributor: Screen Gems Inc.
Posted September 1 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Lena Dunham's mother was critical of her 'Scandal' performance
- Brie Larson and Jimmy Fallon play 'The Whisper Challenge' on 'The Tonight Show'
- 'Scandal': Bellamy Young talks Fitz and Olivia's now-public affair
- Advocacy group criticizes 'The Martian' for changing Asian-American characters
- Julie Plec blogs the season 3 premiere of 'The Originals'
- Luke Evans, Henry Cavill join Nicholas Hoult in 'Sand Castle'
- This new preview of 'Room' will make you want to call your mom