A group of smooth-acting criminals (Paul Walker, Idris Elba, Chris Brown, et al.) rob banks. A pair of worn-out cops (Matt Dillon and Jay Hernandez) try to stop them. Sound oversimplified? Welcome to the world of Takers, where slick passes for smart, motivation is for wimps (Why do they steal? Because it’s cool!), and our merry band of robbers look like they spend more time laying out their hep-cat outfits than they do plotting their next charmingly retro, money-stuffed-in-a-duffle heist. At least they do look sharp in those suits. C-
THE GOOD LIFE Tip ''T.I.'' Harris smokes a cigar fantastically in Takers (Suzanne Tenner)
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Hayden Christensen, Matt Dillon; Director: John Luessenhop; Author: Gabriel Casseus, John Luessenhop; Release Date Wide: 08/27/2010; Distributor: Screen Gems Inc.
Posted September 1 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Vampire Diaries': David Anders reveals his favorite Uncle John twist
- 'Sherlock': Martin Freeman on how Baby Watson will change the show
- WATCH our primer on the Critics' Choice Awards Best Picture nominees
- Read an excerpt and see the trailer for 'All Our Wrong Todays'
- Liam Payne, Zayn Malik support Louis Tomlinson after momther's death
- 'Fast & Furious 8' gets official title ahead of trailer debut
- Greta Gerwig on transformative '20th Century Women' dance parties