A group of smooth-acting criminals (Paul Walker, Idris Elba, Chris Brown, et al.) rob banks. A pair of worn-out cops (Matt Dillon and Jay Hernandez) try to stop them. Sound oversimplified? Welcome to the world of Takers, where slick passes for smart, motivation is for wimps (Why do they steal? Because it’s cool!), and our merry band of robbers look like they spend more time laying out their hep-cat outfits than they do plotting their next charmingly retro, money-stuffed-in-a-duffle heist. At least they do look sharp in those suits. C-
THE GOOD LIFE Tip ''T.I.'' Harris smokes a cigar fantastically in Takers (Suzanne Tenner)
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Hayden Christensen, Matt Dillon; Director: John Luessenhop; Author: Gabriel Casseus, John Luessenhop; Release Date Wide: 08/27/2010; Distributor: Screen Gems Inc.
Posted September 1 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- New 'X-Files' promo asks, 'Are we being lied to?'
- 'Real Housewives' star Yolanda Foster and music producer David Foster are divorcing
- Morrissey wins the award for the worst sex writing
- Helen Mirren in talks to join Will Smith in 'Collateral Beauty'
- Nicholas Brendon opens up about suicide attempt on 'Dr. Phil'
- What if Peter Griffin was the voice of Chewbacca?
- John 'Cha Cha' Ciarcia, actor on 'The Sopranos,' dies at 75