A group of smooth-acting criminals (Paul Walker, Idris Elba, Chris Brown, et al.) rob banks. A pair of worn-out cops (Matt Dillon and Jay Hernandez) try to stop them. Sound oversimplified? Welcome to the world of Takers, where slick passes for smart, motivation is for wimps (Why do they steal? Because it’s cool!), and our merry band of robbers look like they spend more time laying out their hep-cat outfits than they do plotting their next charmingly retro, money-stuffed-in-a-duffle heist. At least they do look sharp in those suits. C-
THE GOOD LIFE Tip ''T.I.'' Harris smokes a cigar fantastically in Takers (Suzanne Tenner)
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Hayden Christensen, Matt Dillon; Director: John Luessenhop; Author: Gabriel Casseus, John Luessenhop; Release Date Wide: 08/27/2010; Distributor: Screen Gems Inc.
Posted September 1 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Mike Huckabee supports Duggar family after molestation accusations
- 'Tomorrowland': What did the critics think?
- 'Golan the Insatiable' with Aubrey Plaza and Rob Riggle: First Look trailer
- Amy Schumer and Paul Feig to pair up for new comedy
- 'Outlander,' 'SVU,' 'Graceland,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'Supergirl' leaked to piracy sites
- Read your way through New Orleans
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!