Listening to recent of Montreal albums has often felt like diving headfirst into frontman Kevin Barnes’ unruly subconscious. It’s vastly easier to make sense of his latest batch of ecstatic glam/funk/bubblegum fantasies, thanks in large part to co-producer Jon Brion (Fiona Apple, Kanye West). On False Priest, Brion reins in Barnes’ hyperactive tendencies and cleans up his sound mix, bringing just enough sanity to make his mad experiments succeed. B+
False PriestListening to recent of Montreal albums has often felt like diving headfirst into frontman Kevin Barnes' unruly subconscious. It's vastly easier to make...False PriestIndie RockListening to recent of Montreal albums has often felt like diving headfirst into frontman Kevin Barnes' unruly subconscious. It's vastly easier to make...2010-09-07
Genre: Indie Rock
Posted September 7 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Nicki Minaj drops 'The Night Is Still Young' video on Tidal
- TLC yanks '19 Kids and Counting' reruns
- Kanye West's 'All Day' gets misheard lyrics video from Joe Mande
- Robert De Niro to grads: 'You're f---ed'
- Kurt Sutter's new series a go at FX
- Mike Huckabee posts support for Duggars
- 'Tomorrowland': What did the critics think?
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!