Listening to recent of Montreal albums has often felt like diving headfirst into frontman Kevin Barnes’ unruly subconscious. It’s vastly easier to make sense of his latest batch of ecstatic glam/funk/bubblegum fantasies, thanks in large part to co-producer Jon Brion (Fiona Apple, Kanye West). On False Priest, Brion reins in Barnes’ hyperactive tendencies and cleans up his sound mix, bringing just enough sanity to make his mad experiments succeed. B+
False PriestListening to recent of Montreal albums has often felt like diving headfirst into frontman Kevin Barnes' unruly subconscious. It's vastly easier to make...False PriestIndie RockListening to recent of Montreal albums has often felt like diving headfirst into frontman Kevin Barnes' unruly subconscious. It's vastly easier to make...2010-09-07
Genre: Indie Rock
Posted January 17 2015 — 2:22 PM EST
- Casting Net: Courtney Love, Timothy Hutton, Giancarlo Esposito join James Franco's 'The Long Home'
- Nicki Minaj joins 'Barbershop 3' cast
- 'Forever' sneak peek: John Noble puts Henry to a test he nearly fails
- 'Late Show' sneak peek: President Obama, David Letterman make retirement plans
- 'The Flash': Iris confronts Barry with the truth
- Jada Pinkett Smith on Fish Mooney's fate as 'Gotham' wraps season 1
- Orlando Jones exits 'Sleepy Hollow'
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Britney Spears, Orlando Bloom, Solange & More!