Listening to recent of Montreal albums has often felt like diving headfirst into frontman Kevin Barnes’ unruly subconscious. It’s vastly easier to make sense of his latest batch of ecstatic glam/funk/bubblegum fantasies, thanks in large part to co-producer Jon Brion (Fiona Apple, Kanye West). On False Priest, Brion reins in Barnes’ hyperactive tendencies and cleans up his sound mix, bringing just enough sanity to make his mad experiments succeed. B+
False PriestListening to recent of Montreal albums has often felt like diving headfirst into frontman Kevin Barnes' unruly subconscious. It's vastly easier to make...False PriestIndie RockListening to recent of Montreal albums has often felt like diving headfirst into frontman Kevin Barnes' unruly subconscious. It's vastly easier to make...2010-09-07
Genre: Indie Rock
Posted September 7 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Tom Cruise joins the world of gods and monsters in 'The Mummy' trailer
- 'Once Upon a Time': The hooded figure is revealed!
- Justin Bieber confirms he's single: 'I'm not really looking either'
- 'The Walking Dead' star Steven Yeun marries Joana Pak
- Donald Trump makes cinema great again on hilarious Instagram account
- 'Transformers' teases new trailer in behind-the-scenes clip
- Vanessa Bayer shares backstage photos of Jennifer Aniston on 'SNL'
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big