Listening to recent of Montreal albums has often felt like diving headfirst into frontman Kevin Barnes’ unruly subconscious. It’s vastly easier to make sense of his latest batch of ecstatic glam/funk/bubblegum fantasies, thanks in large part to co-producer Jon Brion (Fiona Apple, Kanye West). On False Priest, Brion reins in Barnes’ hyperactive tendencies and cleans up his sound mix, bringing just enough sanity to make his mad experiments succeed. B+
False PriestListening to recent of Montreal albums has often felt like diving headfirst into frontman Kevin Barnes' unruly subconscious. It's vastly easier to make...False PriestIndie RockListening to recent of Montreal albums has often felt like diving headfirst into frontman Kevin Barnes' unruly subconscious. It's vastly easier to make...2010-09-07
Genre: Indie Rock
Posted September 7 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Taylor Swift debuts 'Wildest Dreams' music video before the VMAs
- Nick Jonas crushes the VMA red carpet with 'Levels' performance
- T-Pain took over EW's Instagram for the VMAs
- 5 Seconds of Summer wins 2015 Song of the Summer VMA for 'She's Kinda Hot'
- The MTV VMAs winners list for 2015
- Billy Ray Cyrus is live-tweeting the VMAs
- Here's how Miley Cyrus arrived on the MTV VMAs red carpet
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!