In his latest, Man in the Woods, Scott Spencer (Endless Love) revisits Kate, the seething alcoholic of 2003’s National Book Award finalist A Ship Made of Paper. Now a sober, spectacularly successful self-help ? guru and fervent born-again Christian, she has finally found happiness with stoic craftsman Paul — a hard-earned détente soon unraveled by a shattering incident involving the book’s titular, mysterious man. Spencer is a master of description, but he seems uncertain of his own narrative, and there’s a jerky, unsettling rhythm to the dialogue that often unhinges it, ultimately squandering Woods’ haunting premise. B
Man in the WoodsIn his latest, Man in the Woods, Scott Spencer (Endless Love) revisits Kate, the seething alcoholic of 2003's National Book...Man in the WoodsScott SpencerIn his latest, Man in the Woods, Scott Spencer (Endless Love) revisits Kate, the seething alcoholic of 2003's National Book...2010-09-08Ecco Press
Man in the Woods by Scott Spencer
Author: Scott Spencer; Publisher: Ecco Press
Posted September 8 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Dave Grohl's game of throne in D.C.
- Kit Harington: Buzz about long hair
- Missy Elliott takes show into the crowd at Essence Fest
- 'Jurassic World' stomps 'Terminator Genisys,' 'Magic Mike XXL' at holiday box office
- Kelly Clarkson and more top moments from 'Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular'
- Kelly Rutherford reunites with her kids
- Ed Sheeran: British red coat at Taylor Swift’s July 4 party
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!