It may not involve hordes of teenagers screaming over the top of 30-second snippets of popular videos – R.I.P. Total Request Live! – but MTV plans to get back into the business of live, after-school programming. On Sept. 27, the network will launch The Seven, a half-hour show focusing on seven stories about news, pop-culture, fashion, and sex targeted to the 12-to-24-year-old audience, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The Seven, which will air at 5 p.m., will be hosted by Kevin Manno and Julie Alexandria, and also feature musical performances and interviews.
Posted September 8 2010 — 1:03 PM EDT
- Gender-swapped 'Twilight'? Meet Beau and Edythe
- Cameron Monaghan talks about that shocking 'Gotham' twist
- ‘Furious 8’ director: Rating the most likely candidates
- Casting Net: Jamie Foxx is voicing an animated street-dancing mouse
- Most awkward 'Awkward' moments from 'Don't Dream It's Over'
- Hear Kurt Cobain's solo recording of 'Sappy'
- Owners of 'The Conjuring' house sue Warner Bros.