It may not involve hordes of teenagers screaming over the top of 30-second snippets of popular videos – R.I.P. Total Request Live! – but MTV plans to get back into the business of live, after-school programming. On Sept. 27, the network will launch The Seven, a half-hour show focusing on seven stories about news, pop-culture, fashion, and sex targeted to the 12-to-24-year-old audience, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The Seven, which will air at 5 p.m., will be hosted by Kevin Manno and Julie Alexandria, and also feature musical performances and interviews.
Posted September 8 2010 — 1:03 PM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles
- 'Agents of SHIELD' eyes Skye's arc: 'Birth of a superhero'