Fox Searchlight Pictures announced today it has acquired the U.S. rights to Terrence Malick’s (Badlands, The Thin Red Line) long-delayed project The Tree of Life. The 1950s-set drama stars Brad Pitt, Sean Penn, and Jessica Chastain. It is set for release in 2011. The studio’s announcement said in part: “The Tree Of Life is the impressionistic story of a Midwestern family in the 1950s chronicling the journey of the eldest son, Jack (played as an adult by Sean Penn), through the innocence of childhood to his disillusioned adult years – trying to reconcile the complicated relationship with his father (Brad Pitt). Jack finds himself a lost soul in the modern world, seeking answers to the origins and meaning of life while questioning the existence of faith.”
Posted September 9 2010 — 12:43 PM EDT
- Lin-Manuel Miranda live-tweeted commentary for 'Hamilton's America'
- J.K. Rowling loves Amy Schumer's book
- Chris Pratt encourages people to go outside and look for trolls
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'