May’s season 8 finale ended dramatically, with most of the Miami CSIs — except leads Horatio Caine (David Caruso) and Eric Delko (Adam Rodriguez, who’s returning full-time this season) — strewn about the floor of a lab, apparently suffering from respiratory distress at the hands of a demented professor. ”All of our CSIs are in an extremely vulnerable position,” says exec producer Barry O’Brien, ”and — how do we say this? — one of them may not survive.” You mean like, say, Eddie Cibrian, who isn’t signed on for season 9? ”Anyone who keeps an eye on contract negotiations,” exec producer Marc Dube teases, ”may get some sense [of what happens].” In more definite news, a large-scale prison break in Miami will bring back some of the show’s most notorious villains. ”It’s going to serve as a season-long arc for us,” O’Brien says. ”Some of these former nemeses of Delko and Horatio are going to emerge and pose a tangible threat.” OCT. 3
Posted September 10 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Goldbergs' staging 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' reunion — exclusive
- Honest Trailers takes on 'The Nightmare Before Christmas'
- Paul Beatty's 'The Sellout' wins 2016 Man Booker Prize for fiction
- 'Saturday Night Live' election special to recap contentious campaign
- AFI Fest 2016: 'Moana,' 'Miss Sloane,' 'The Comedian' to world premiere
- Shia LaBeouf battles PTSD in new 'Man Down' trailer
- 'Moana' to be first Disney film translated into Tahitian language
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?
- Flashback to Taylor Swift's First Album Drop