When Melina Kanakaredes announced in July that she’d be leaving CSI: NY, exec producer Pam Veasey and her staff had already written six episodes featuring Kanakaredes’ Stella. ”It was tough, but at the same time, that kind of surprise does wonderful things [creatively],” says Veasey. Enter Jo Danville (Once and Again’s Sela Ward), who joins the team after Stella relocates to New Orleans. What do we know about Jo? ”Think of a very confident, professional Southern woman who kicks her shoes off Friday night and spends time with her family,” says Veasey. Early on, Jo & Co. investigate a murder on the webcam site Chatroulette, and Mac (Gary Sinise) confronts a former gang leader (guest star Edward James Olmos) in East Harlem. As for season 6’s cliff-hanger — in which serial killer Shane (Edward Furlong) seemingly took a shot at Danny (Carmine Giovinazzo) — Veasey has good news: ”No one on our team died.” SEPT. 24
Posted September 10 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star teases Amelia's struggle with getting pregnant
- Alden Ehrenreich on playing young Han Solo: 'It's been so surreal'
- WATCH: Gizmo and the Gremlins are newest additions to 'Lego Dimensions'
- WATCH: New 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' Trailer — Exclusive
- Moby explains why he ‘doesn’t ever want to tour again'
- Pussy Riot slam Trump in brutal new song, 'Make America Great Again'
- Donald Trump slams Hillary Clinton for attending Adele concert
- The 16 Best Halloween Movies to Stream Right Now
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers