After fleeing North Carolina in disgrace last season, ex-pro baseball pitcher Kenny Powers (Danny McBride) winds up in Mexico. ”It’s several f—ed-up months later, and he’s coming to the realization that perhaps he needs to face his mistakes,” says McBride. Powers hooks up with a ”crappy” south-of-the-border team, then finds a temporary fill for the hole in his heart left by his beloved April (Katy Mixon, who’s expected to return to Eastbound despite joining CBS’ Mike & Molly) by falling for a local angel named Vida (Ana de la Reguera). ”His mullet is what attracts me,” she explains. McBride is not so sure. ”Ana would show up on the set, and [director] Jody Hill and I would look at each other and say, ‘This is ridiculous. Why in the hell would this woman ever even speak to Kenny Powers?”’ SEPT. 26
Posted September 10 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Big Brother' contestants invade 'Bold and the Beautiful'
- ‘Justice League’ director celebrates Wonder Woman with new photo
- Bill Murray crashes White House press briefing to talk Cubs baseball
- 'Secrets and Lies' sneak peek: Eric and Cornell meet again
- ‘Captain Marvel’ will be ‘strongest character we’ve ever had': Marvel
- Lynda Carter, Gal Gadot reflect on 75 years of Wonder Woman
- Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn parody Beyoncé's 'Formation'