Season 22 begins with the sound of music: At art camp, Lisa meets two inspiring counselors played by Flight of the Conchords’ Bret McKenzie and Jemaine Clement. ”They do this song about how great it is to be an artist, and then she visits them in Springfield’s version of Brooklyn, called Sprooklyn, and their lives aren’t as good as they made out,” says exec producer Al Jean. Glee’s Lea Michele, Cory Monteith, and Amber Riley also pop up in that episode, singing a version of ”Good Vibrations.” In Halloween’s ”Treehouse of Horror XXI,” Lisa falls for a Twilight-ful vampire played by Daniel Radcliffe, while House’s Hugh Laurie rocks a Dead Calm spoof. (Other guest stars this season include Jon Hamm, Halle Berry, and Ricky Gervais.) Fans will get a special treat in the Christmas episode, when baby Maggie has a Muppets fantasy featuring Simpsons characters as live-action puppets. ”Moe tries to eat cookies like Cookie Monster,” notes Jean. ”He says, ‘Great at the chewing — not so great at the swallowing.”’ SEPT. 26
Posted September 10 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Radio stations to honor Prince with 'Nothing Compares 2 U'
- Patton Oswalt remembers wife Michelle McNamara in 'Time' tribute
- Rosie Perez, Ron Livingston, Parker Posey join TBS' 'Search Party'
- 'Catfish' host Nev Schulman honors subject who died
- 'Captain America' movie marathon announced by Marvel
- Emilia Clarke and Jack Huston to star in 'Above Suspicion'
- WATCH: Exclusive clip from psychological thriller 'The Ones Below'
- Met Gala 2016: The Best and Most Outrageous Looks
- Flashback to the 1996 Premiere of 'The Craft'
- 14 TV Cliffhangers and How They Were Resolved
- Met Gala 2016: See All the Arrivals From Manus x Machina
- 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt': Before They Were Stars
- 'Wayward Pines' Season 2: Exclusive Photos of the New Main Cast