Things move fast in season 2: By the first commercial break, we’ll know the fates of Uncle John (David Anders) and Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen). Katherine (Nina Dobrev, as Elena’s much older doppelgänger) has returned for Stefan (Paul Wesley), which makes Damon (Ian Somerhalder) feel ”slighted, jilted, embarrassed, pissed off, vengeful, furious, sarcastic, cynical, and all around as Damon as Damon can get,” says exec producer Julie Plec. Damon and Alaric (Matt Davis) reteam in episode 3 to study Isobel’s old research, and episode 4 is another flashback to 1864. Meanwhile, with the help of his uncle Mason (Taylor Kinney), Tyler (Michael Trevino) learns about his family’s werewolf curse — while Trevino learns about the joys of acting shirtless. ”Episode 2, they’re jogging,” says exec producer Kevin Williamson. ”It’s like we couldn’t have both of their shirts off in the same scene, so we gave Michael seniority. We figure Uncle Mason will get naked soon enough.” premiered SEPT. 9
Posted September 10 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Disney eyes live-action 'Prince Charming'
- Ezra Koenig of Vampire Weekend lands own Beats 1 Radio show
- 'Sesame Street': Sonia 'Maria' Manzano's 7 favorites
- 'Hannibal': No go at Netflix, Amazon
- Caitlyn Jenner gives empowering talk in new 'I Am Cait' trailer
- Michael Eisner clarifies comment that beautiful, funny women are 'impossible to find'
- Sluggish Fourth of July box office no picnic for Hollywood
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Kendall Jenner, Liv Tyler, Jessie J & More!