Things move fast in season 2: By the first commercial break, we’ll know the fates of Uncle John (David Anders) and Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen). Katherine (Nina Dobrev, as Elena’s much older doppelgänger) has returned for Stefan (Paul Wesley), which makes Damon (Ian Somerhalder) feel ”slighted, jilted, embarrassed, pissed off, vengeful, furious, sarcastic, cynical, and all around as Damon as Damon can get,” says exec producer Julie Plec. Damon and Alaric (Matt Davis) reteam in episode 3 to study Isobel’s old research, and episode 4 is another flashback to 1864. Meanwhile, with the help of his uncle Mason (Taylor Kinney), Tyler (Michael Trevino) learns about his family’s werewolf curse — while Trevino learns about the joys of acting shirtless. ”Episode 2, they’re jogging,” says exec producer Kevin Williamson. ”It’s like we couldn’t have both of their shirts off in the same scene, so we gave Michael seniority. We figure Uncle Mason will get naked soon enough.” premiered SEPT. 9
Posted September 10 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Robin Williams' daughter shares touching tribute to Oliver Sacks
- Jay Z apparently joined Instagram – then quit after only a few hours
- See Miley Cyrus meet Internet sensation Baddie Winkle before the VMAs
- Netflix will lose 'Catching Fire,' 'Transformers' at the end of September
- See the 'Man of Steel' trailer get the 'Deadpool' treatment
- See 'Game of Thrones' fans visit filming locations around the world
- Dave Grohl celebrates Chicago’s music scene at Wrigley Field show
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!