MTV is adding two new scripted shows to its slate, giving series orders to the coming-of-age comedy That Girl and the horror comedy Death Valley, according to Variety. That Girl, which is only the show’s tentative title, focuses on a 15-year-old girl (Ashley Rickards) who becomes the center of attention after her classmates mistakenly think she tried to commit suicide, while the documentary-styled Death Valley follows a branch of the Los Angeles Police Department that fights vampires, werewolves, and zombies (oh my!). Both shows, which have each been picked up for 12 episodes, are scheduled to debut next year.
Posted September 14 2010 — 11:22 PM EDT
- Bob Dylan thanks Nobel Prize committee for honoring his songs as literature
- Chris Pratt says his son thinks acting is 'stupid'
- 'Assassin's Creed': Final trailer has plenty of new footage
- Louis Tomlinson debuts new song on ‘X Factor’ days after mom’s death
- 'Insidious: Chapter 4' first look sees Lin Shaye facing her demons
- 'Sherlock' intense season 4 trailer: 'I love you'
- Patti Smith covers Bob Dylan at Nobel Prize ceremony