The always lovely and amazing Swedish dancehall queen Robyn confirmed the rumor that she’ll appear on the upcoming season of The CW’s Gossip Girl via a Tweet yesterday with a photo of her on set, which you can see here at the left. She Tweeted: “I’m with Marcus on the set of Gossip girl, girrrrrrrrrrrl.” So, yah, the photo doesn’t reveal much besides her looking fierce (and slightly blurry), but I checked in with the folks over at The CW and they had this to tell me: Robyn is “a surprise guest at Blair’s birthday party and performs ‘Hang With Me,’” the amazing track that she did acoustic on Body Talk Pt. 1 and whipped up into a dancy version for Body Talk Pt. 2. Discussion around the EW offices produced the idea that Robyn – known for her edgy, techo-laced style – is an interesting choice for Blair’s birthday party. Wouldn’t Robyn be more of a Serena birthday-type entertainer? We think so. But, then again, maybe Serena planned this surprise. Anyway, regardless, genius that she’ll appear – she’s always stunning.
Posted September 15 2010 — 5:48 PM EDT
- Tom Cruise addresses 'Top Gun 2' rumors: 'We're trying to figure it out'
- 'The Late Show': Stephen Colbert 'takes it to the streets' for interviews with New Yorkers
- Why David Lynch's 'Eraserhead' is the perfect Halloween movie
- Celebrities pay tribute to late stand-up comedian Kevin Meaney
- Donald Glover's 'Star Wars' casting sparks lively Internet reactions
- GLSEN honors PEOPLE and EW Editorial Director Jess Cagle
- Stephen Colbert pitches 'Bad Hombres' for Donald Trump TV