Robert Plant sounds vocally reenergized on this covers-heavy follow-up to his Grammy-winning Alison Krauss collaboration, Raising Sand. The CD sometimes resembles a Sand sequel (although Krauss doesn’t appear), particularly when Plant’s voice melds with Patty Griffin’s on the band Low’s ”Silver Rider.” Elsewhere, he summons up the spirit of Led Zeppelin III for ”Cindy I’ll Marry You Someday” and slinkily reshuffles Richard Thompson’s ”House of Cards.” A–
THE ONLY SOUND THAT MATTERS Robert Plant (Gregg Delman)
Genre: Rock; Lead Performer: Robert Plant; Status: In Season
Posted September 16 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters