A major-label deal hasn’t led to any substantial changes in this duo’s retro-electro sound. On Business Casual they remain adept students of the Hall & Oates school of hooks, which they surround with gleaming synth grooves and robotic talkbox solos that recall ’80s funk masters like Zapp & Roger. Are they kidding or paying serious homage? Singer Dave 1’s wry pickup lines suggest the former, but it’s impossible to say for sure. B
Business CasualA major-label deal hasn't led to any substantial changes in this duo's retro-electro sound. On Business Casual they remain adept students...Business CasualPopA major-label deal hasn't led to any substantial changes in this duo's retro-electro sound. On Business Casual they remain adept students...2010-09-16
DON'T TURN THE LIGHTS ON Chromeo
Posted January 17 2015 — 2:22 PM EST
- Justin Timberlake thanks mom, wife, and everyone who called him 'different' accepting iHeart Radio's Innovator Award
- AMC releases first promo for 'Fear the Walking Dead'
- 'Once Upon a Time' reveals what happened to Maleficent's child
- iHeart Radio Music Awards 2015: And the winners are...
- 'Mad Max: Fury Road' posts quartet of short teasers
- Gene Saks, Tony-winning director, dies
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!