A major-label deal hasn’t led to any substantial changes in this duo’s retro-electro sound. On Business Casual they remain adept students of the Hall & Oates school of hooks, which they surround with gleaming synth grooves and robotic talkbox solos that recall ’80s funk masters like Zapp & Roger. Are they kidding or paying serious homage? Singer Dave 1’s wry pickup lines suggest the former, but it’s impossible to say for sure. B
Business CasualA major-label deal hasn't led to any substantial changes in this duo's retro-electro sound. On Business Casual they remain adept students...Business CasualPopA major-label deal hasn't led to any substantial changes in this duo's retro-electro sound. On Business Casual they remain adept students...2010-09-16
DON'T TURN THE LIGHTS ON Chromeo
Posted September 16 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Now's your chance to see 'Mad Max: Fury Road' in IMAX theaters
- Obama to honor Stephen King, Sally Field with National Medals of Arts
- Queen Elizabeth is a huge fan of 'Downton Abbey'
- You can binge all of TNT's new show 'Public Morals' — only on Labor Day weekend
- New 'Batman v Superman' pics show Wonder Woman, the Batmobile
- 'Star Wars: Aftermath': Finding Han Solo for a quick galactic run
- Kanye West sends Taylor Swift flowers after the 2015 VMAs
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!