A major-label deal hasn’t led to any substantial changes in this duo’s retro-electro sound. On Business Casual they remain adept students of the Hall & Oates school of hooks, which they surround with gleaming synth grooves and robotic talkbox solos that recall ’80s funk masters like Zapp & Roger. Are they kidding or paying serious homage? Singer Dave 1’s wry pickup lines suggest the former, but it’s impossible to say for sure. B
Business CasualA major-label deal hasn't led to any substantial changes in this duo's retro-electro sound. On Business Casual they remain adept students...Business CasualPopA major-label deal hasn't led to any substantial changes in this duo's retro-electro sound. On Business Casual they remain adept students...2010-09-16
DON'T TURN THE LIGHTS ON Chromeo
Posted September 16 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Unauthorized Melrose Place Story in the works from Lifetime
- 'Agent Carter' Comic-Con poster, season 2 hints revealed: Peggy lands in Hollywood
- ABC reviving 'To Tell The Truth'
- Robert Downey Jr., Paul Thomas Anderson nearing 'Pinocchio' remake deal
- Michael Keaton, J.K. Simmons exit 'Kong'
- Spring Awakening returning to Broadway—in sign language
- NBC cancels 'American Odyssey'
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files': David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Beyoncé, LL Cool J, Taylor Swift & More!