People reports felony charges against Howard K. Stern and Anna Nicole Smith’s two doctors could be dismissed. The trial against Stern and physician Sandeep Kapoor and psychiatrist Khristine Eroshevich, who are being charged with conspiring to give the late reality star addictive drugs, kicked off Aug. 4, but the judge on the case has voiced his concerns about the prosecution’s case. In court Monday, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Robert Perry said he would consider the defense’s motion to dismiss some charges. In order for the charges to remain, prosecutors must prove that Smith was a drug addict. (The defense, meanwhile, claims she experienced chronic pain.) Stern, Kapoor, and Eroshevich have all pleaded not guilty to charges.
Posted September 21 2010 — 6:52 PM EDT
- 'The Exorcist' cast reveals creepy activity on series set
- 'Edge of Tomorrow 2' is 'a sequel that's a prequel,' director says
- Destiny's Child fans freak out over new official Instagram account
- Preview Stephen King's children's book 'Charlie the Choo-Choo'
- Leslie Odom Jr. performs Sara Bareilles’ powerful election anthem
- 'This Is Us' star Chrissy Metz on Kate's reveal about Jack
- Kid Cudi responds to Drake diss: 'Say it to my face'