Eric Clapton, the guitarist formerly known as ”God,” seemingly can’t make an album without revisiting a few blues standbys and checking in with his muse JJ Cale. But Clapton, his latest trip into mellowness is sleepier than usual, as he dabbles in gospel, Dixieland, and even a little Irving Berlin. Tasteful guitar solos put the focus on his relaxed vocals, and he dons his Rod Stewart dinner jacket for ”Autumn Leaves.” Guess even God needs a nap once in a while. C
ClaptonEric Clapton, the guitarist formerly known as ''God,'' seemingly can't make an album without revisiting a few blues standbys and checking in with his muse...ClaptonBluesEric Clapton, the guitarist formerly known as ''God,'' seemingly can't make an album without revisiting a few blues standbys and checking in with his muse...2010-09-21
Genre: Blues; Lead Performer: Eric Clapton
Posted September 21 2010 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Idris Elba prepares a child soldier for war in 'Beasts of No Nation' trailer
- These were the best responses to our Shondaland caption contest
- Pentatonix reveal details of new album: 'We want to prove we can write'
- Misha Collins thinks Donald Trump would make a great cat circus tour assistant
- 5 steps for celebrating Beyonce's birthday
- Talking 'Star Wars' toys: Hear Finn, Kylo Ren and Captain Phasma speak
- Viola Davis on the time she kissed a casting director
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Tom Hardy, Alessandra Ambrósio, Bindi Irwin & More!