Winona Ryder, Martin Landau, Martin Short, and Catherine O’Hara have been cast in Tim Burton’s stop-motion animation Frankenweenie, Deadline reports. The story revolves around a man who reanimates his dog. The film, scripted by John August, is due out in 2012. It’s based on a live-action short Burton shot while a 25-year-old animator at Disney. Reviewing the video release in 1992, EW said, “A black-and-white homage to old horror flicks, the movie has a parodistic plot that plays out a primal suburban-childhood nightmare: What if I threw my beloved pet the ball just a little too hard and he got hit by a car while trying to retrieve it?”
Posted September 21 2010 — 8:00 AM EDT
- John Krasinski to narrate Disney nature film 'Born in China'
- 'Fresh Off the Boat': Rich Blomquist praises the casting, condemns Tamagotchis
- Why Chris Pratt retired his go-to karaoke song
- Meyers' writers take on black Santa in Jokes Seth Can't Tell segment
- Donald Trump is TIME's Person of the Year
- Ryan Adams announces new album and releases first song
- Donald Trump explains 'SNL' hate: 'It's a terrible show'
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans